Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E series on NMEA 2000 has limited info
09-21-17, 01:23 PM
E series on NMEA 2000 has limited info
I have an e series 12" Hybrid with twin 225 mercury outboards. I just installed a new Vessel View 502 (a simrad product) along with a NMEA 2000 back bone. With the proper converter I also added the E series to the backbone. After bringing everything to life, I was able to see the engine RPM, temp, oil pressure, but I am not getting the engine trim on the Raymarine. I can see this displayed on the vesselview 502, so I know the information is on the network. Is there a mapping routine or something I am missing? ANy help is appreciated. I have the latest software, 19.03
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-21-17, 02:21 PM (This post was last modified: 09-21-17 02:27 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: E series on NMEA 2000 has limited info
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum ThreeAces,

Please note that Raymarine utilizes the Engine Tilt data item rather than the Trim Tabs data item to report engine trim. The VesselView 702/502 (described here) are designed to mate directly to and have access to the SmartCraft network, hence their ability to display extensive data from the engine system. Should the MFD's Engine Tilt data item not be populating, then it is quite possible that engine trim is not being included within the NMEA 2000 PGN 127488 (Engine Parameters, Rapid Update - includes Engine Speed, Engine Boost, Engine Trim data) transmitted by the VesselView 702/502 to the NMEA 2000 backbone. Accordingly, it would be recommended that a NMEA 2000 analyzer (ex. Actisense NGT-1 w/PC running the NMEA Reader application, Maretron USB100 w/PC running the N2KAnalyzer application, etc.) be interfaced to the NMEA 2000 backbone and that PGN 127488 be inspected to ensure that Engine Trim data being included within the VesselView 702/502's transmissions, features populated trim data. If so, then it would be recommended that the MFD's SeaTalkng logging feature be used capture approximately ten second of data when the engines are running. The resulting log file may then be attached to response to this thread for further analysis.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply