Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axiom 9 Software Update
09-25-17, 11:06 PM
Axiom 9 Software Update
I have downloaded the new software update and can see the file in my E: drive on my computer. But when I take the chip to my boat and insert it into the unit, and try to update the software, It says "no data available". It's not seeing the downloaded update.
I backed up my way points on the same microSD card and that file is visible and available to import, but the software update doesn't show up.
I tried to do the update online and after about 45 minutes and 400mb into it. I get a message that says "cannot connect to Raymarine Server".

Thank you.
Steve
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-26-17, 08:43 AM (This post was last modified: 09-26-17 08:45 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Axiom 9 Software Update
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Steve,

It is recommended that you verify that the software update file (raymarine_axiom-3.2.86_LH3.2.567.upgrade.iso) has been saved within the root level directory of the microSD memory card and that the microSD memory card has been formatted with a FAT32 file system. The problem reported with Wi-Fi may be indicative of a very slow bandwidth Internet connection which timed out during the download or low Wi-Fi signal ... in such cases, use the MFD be updated via a microSD memory card.
09-26-17, 09:31 AM (This post was last modified: 09-26-17 10:28 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you for the response. I did format with FAT32, however the update was not the root file. I saved my waypoints to the sd card before I downloaded the software update. I will delete all saved files, re format and try again with the update as root file.
Thank you
Steve
09-26-17, 08:06 PM (This post was last modified: 09-27-17 08:10 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I just tried again for the third time. This time, I formatted to FAT32 which deleted and cleared the card. I downloaded the update (which shows up in my pc). Take the card down to my boat, install into the Axiom, go to "Settings" "Update Software" "Check SD card". Results: "No Update Found"
Steve
09-27-17, 08:15 AM (This post was last modified: 09-27-17 08:16 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Steve,

It is recommended that you verify that the MFD's memory card reader is operational (by commanding the MFD to save its screen image to the microSD memory card) and that the capacity of the microSD memory card is not greater than 32GB. Should this be the case, then it is possible that there may be a compatibility issue between the MFD and the microSD memory card. In such cases, it would be recommended that another brand of microSD memory card be used ... SanDisk brand microSD memory cards are highly recommended.
09-27-17, 09:18 AM (This post was last modified: 09-28-17 08:27 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I had the same exact problem with my Axiom. Via internet got to about 300MB and message said Raymarine server unavailable. Micro SD card is not recognized. I tried to HotSpot from my I phone and the update was finally accepted. For me it looks like the phone hotspot is the way to go.
09-27-17, 09:46 AM (This post was last modified: 09-28-17 09:58 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I exported my waypoints and tracks to the same SD card and the unit read it just fine. So, it seems like the units are reading the card. I am using a brand new 32gb SanDisk Micro Sd card. Attached is a screen shot of the file on the SD card to confirm location
01-18-18, 11:53 AM
Hi Steve,

Were you ever able to install the latest software? I found that a less than perfect wifi signal will result in "no server available". I used my hotspot on my phone (excellent signal) with success. The newest version to date is 101.