Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What radar units compatible with E series widescreen?
09-22-17, 10:14 AM
What radar units compatible with E series widescreen?
I have read that the new HD and Super HD radar offerings are backwards compatible with the E widescreen MFD (except the Quantum radar). Also I have read that the Pathfinder older generation of radar units are incompatible with the E widescreen MFD.
However where can I get a list of older radar models that are compatible with the E series Widescreen MFD?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-22-17, 10:25 AM (This post was last modified: 09-22-17 10:26 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: What radar units compatible with E series widescreen?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Gene,

With the exception of the Quantum radomes, all radomes and open array radar pedestals presently manufactured by Raymarine are compatible with Raymarine's E-Series Classic MFDs, C-Series Widescreen MFDs, and E-Series Widescreen MFDs. The only retired radar transducers which are also compatible with these MFDs are the RD418D and RD424D Radomes.
09-22-17, 12:00 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-17 12:17 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you Chuck. I recognize that the radar currently in production are compatibe, however I am searching out used radar equipment to save a few bucks. So if I look at a unit like Raymarine HD Digital Radar 4' Open Array 4KW E52069 (ebay), is there some area of the Raymarine site where I can see if that is compatible and then what I need to connect it to my system? I also see open array sold seperatly, can a new SHD open array be fitted to a used pedistal?
09-22-17, 12:39 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-17 12:46 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Gene,

E52069 was the part number for the 4kW HD Open Array Pedestal, which is among the radomes and open array radar pedestals presently manufactured by Raymarine which I had referenced within my initial response. An "E" suffix has been appended to the product ID (E52069E) of the currently manufactured 4kW HD Open Array Pedestals to indicate a minor hardware change which was later introduced. The arrays of the HD and SuperHD pedestals differ only in the decal applied to them. No changes to the arrays have been introduced since their introduction. With respect to open array pedestals, the following product IDs were used:
4kW HD: E52069; now E52069E
4kW SHD: E52081; now E52081E
12kW HD: E92160; now E92160E
12kW SHD: E52082; now E52082E

Generally speaking, instructions for interfacing the a compatible open array pedestal or radome to the MFD would be found within the open array pedestal's or radome's installation guide. These open array pedestals were powered by an included VCM. A assembly constructed from an appropriate length of Digital Radar Cable w/RayNet Plug and an A80272 RayNet (M) Pins to SThs (M) Socket Adaptor Cable
09-22-17, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-17 03:51 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you Chuck, this is very helpful. Am I correct in assuming the difference between the HD and SHD is found in the pedistal and not in the array? Is it also that the difference between the 4kw and the 12kw is also in the pedistal?
09-22-17, 03:51 PM
Gene,

Q1. Am I correct in assuming the difference between the HD and SHD is found in the pedistal and not in the array?
A1. Yes.

Q2. Is it also that the difference between the 4kw and the 12kw is also in the pedistal?
A2. Yes.