Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto routing
10-02-17, 08:19 PM
Auto routing
Hi,

Thinking about a new RayMarine package.

Tell me about the auto routing feature… and what options are available to create an auto route on my computer or IPad for download into the chart plotter?

And, is there a way to share the files with friends on their competitive plotters?

Larry
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-04-17, 09:38 AM
RE: Auto routing
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Larry,

Raymarine's Axiom MFDs, Axiom Pro MFDs, and a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs all support Dock-to-Dock Autorouting when updated with the latest Raymarine product software update and when used with Navionics cartography having an active Navionics Freshest Data subscription. In a nutshell, after entering minimum safe depth, minimum safe width, and minimum safe height parameters, the Chart application of these MFDs may be commanded to perform Dock-to-Dock Autorouting to produce a route between an origin and a destination location of the user's choosing (the origin and destination locations must meet the minimum parameters previously reference, the origin and destination may be no further than 100nm from one another, and the resulting route cannot exceed 200 waypoints.

GPS Exchange Format (GPX) has become the more or less standard data format within the marine electronics industry used by chartplotting products and computer navigational planning applications for waypoint, route, and track transfer via data files stored on memory cards. Raymarine's Axiom MFDs, Axiom Pro MFDs, and a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs are all designed to export/import waypoint, route, and track data to/from GPX data files. Raymarine's a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs operating with the latest LightHouse II software update support waypoint/route synchronization via Wi-Fi with the mobile devices running the Navionics Boating app. It is expected that a future LightHouse 3 software update will the same Wi-Fi synchronization capability with the Navionics Boating app to the Axiom MFDs and Axiom Pro MFDs.

When transferring data from a third party chartplotting product or third party navigational planning application, it is additionally important to understand ensure that the data adhere to the waypoint, route, and track constraints of the chartplotting product which will be importing this data. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
10-05-17, 07:23 PM
RE: Auto routing
I love the new auto route feature... Been waiting for this since I got my AXIOM 9 last May.

Really looking forward to the Navionics mobile app to plotter sync...
Once the update comes out.... It sure will be nice to plan your routes on the PC....auto sync to phone then sync to plotter....