Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Complete new setup
10-05-17, 09:28 AM
Complete new setup
I am in the process of specing out a new Parker 2320 SC with a 300 hp Yamaha . I want auto pilot and finder/ plotter recommendations. I fish Lake Erie. I have been running a EV100 autopilot and lowrance setup on current boat. I'm open to all suggestions! Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-17, 10:48 AM
RE: Complete new setup
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum JBanar,

With respect to specifying an autopilot we will need to learn the cubic capacity of the steering ram which will be installed. Alternatively, you may provide the manufacturer and model of the steering ram. Are you interested in Raymarine's recently introduced RealVision Fishfinder Sonar imaging, DownVision, 1kW CHIRP sonar w/wide CHIRP transducer, or traditional 50kHz / 200kHz sonar? Are you seeking a touchscreen-only interface or a HybridTouch (buttons & touchscreen) interface? Finally, are there any maximum dimensions or screen screen size limitations?
10-05-17, 11:36 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-17 11:41 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I was thinking of a 10" screen size. I'm not familiar with anything bot traditional 83/200 transducers. I'm interested the newer versions of stuff. The majority of my fishing is done trolling. Down imaging would be a plus if we shut down looking for perch. I will have to get spec sheet on boat from dealer for steering information.
10-05-17, 12:09 PM
JBanar,

As the maximum depth of Lake Erie is a little over 200', making it well within range of a product supporting RealVision 3D sonar, CHIRP (high conical) sonar, and DownVision sonar. DownVision and RealVision 3D are particularly useful in location and identification of bottom structure ... which typically hold fish. However, bottom structure is not common in the generally smooth bottom of Lake Erie. Accordingly, there may not be much structure to locate within the area which you fish. Additionally, as beam angle of the CHIRP (high conical) sonar within the RealVision transducers is relatively narrow (25 degrees), it would typically be recommended a transducer with a wide beam angle also be installed. The Axiom DV MFD may be fitted with a Y-Cable (A80491 Axiom RV to 25-pin RV & 7-pin Embedded Transducers Y-Cable) permitting it to be simultaneously interfaced not only to a RealVision Transducer, but also to a 50kHz / 200kHz having a wider beam angle (ex. the 50kHz frequency of both the P58 and B744V have a beam angle of 45 degrees). Axiom MFDs are designed to show all three of these types of sonar simultaneously. Once inside of the beam of the RealVision transducer elements, then the RealVision 3D sonar and DownVision sonar channels may also display suspended fish. Axiom RV MFDs are available in 9" and 12".
10-05-17, 01:07 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-17 01:10 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
That is very true about the bottom where I fish is generally flat and gradual contours. This sounds very interesting. I will research this setup farther. We are usually targeting the suspended fish and generally our waters are no deeper then 80'. Where we fish. Now would or could the axiom act as the control head of the autopilot? Or will there still be a need for separate control head?
10-05-17, 01:56 PM
JBanar,

Q. Now would or could the axiom act as the control head of the autopilot? Or will there still be a need for separate control head?
A. The Autopoilot Controls feature within the LightHouse 3 software running on Axiom MFDs would eliminate the need for an autopilot control head for all but diagnostic purposes. That said, it is considered a best practice to install an autopilot control head to save the MFD's screen real estate for other applications being run on the MFD. The autopilot control head also offers some diagnostic features not currently supported by the Autopilot Controls feature of the LightHouse 3 software.
10-05-17, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-17 02:40 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you for this explanation! That being said I will stay with adding autopilot controls!
10-05-17, 02:40 PM
You're welcome.