Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Part 3 of leaking type 2 pump...
03-23-16, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-16 03:56 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Part 3 of leaking type 2 pump...
Thanks. No picture is shown, on the listing on your site. From what you've said, if I can find a cap to fit a 1/4" NPT, that should do it for me? That is, the pump body has female 1/4" NPT inputs? However...

I expect that I won't seal the ends and go manual. An earlier forum thread where someone identified the seal ("GACO 8167 Patent 30" embossed on the seal) used led to a search which resulted in a cross-reference to a SKF seal, #3145. The rep at Hy-Pro confirmed GACO to be the original supplier, and the SKF 3145 to be the right size and shape (seal lip configuration).

I've ordered one for pickup in Marsh Harbour. Unless that fails to at least mostly stanch the leak, I'll use that to get back to the US and have it rebuild properly.

I've not taken it apart yet, based on faith, the manufacturer's assurance, and the prior thread poster's similar confirmation of a replacement on his defective unit (which he put in spares, having bought a new one). However, from all that I've corresponded with, I assume I'll find the same thing, and replacement will be relatively trivial, as will restoration of fluid and pressure, and, while tedious, bleeding will be routine.

I'll let you know how it turned out.

Thanks.

L8R

Skip
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Part 3 of leaking type 2 pump... - skipgundlach - 03-23-16 05:34 PM