Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radar Results
10-07-17, 05:50 PM
Radar Results
Hi Tech Support

I have a situation with a radome and I was hoping you could take a quick look at the debug/self test results for me please. See Attached.
The scanner returns intermittently and then only in a limited sector 30-40 degrees, the antenna is rotating inside. Gain is set to Auto. E120 & Analog Radome.
SS seems low as per previous threads. Can you please comment on possible further troubleshooting and your opinion on the results.
Thanks for your help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-09-17, 03:54 PM
RE: Radar Results
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum PetrelMarine,

As you have suggested, the signal strength (SS) value is quite low and should be around 130. Oddly, the Gain value is zero, in spite of your reporting that Gain has been configured to Auto. It is recommended that you enter the advanced radar settings and command the radar to be reset (Open Radar page; MENU->RADAR SET-UP->ADVANCED RADAR SET-UP). Should the radar be operated with each of its settings configured to Auto and resetting the radar not address the problem, then there would appear to be a fault with the radome's circuitry. Should the currently installed radome be a 2D, 4D, RD218, or RD424, then it need to be replaced, as Raymarine can no longer provide parts and service for these radomes. When operating with the latest E-Series Classic MFD software, these MFDs are also compatible with HD Radomes (RD418HD & RD424HD) and Digital Radomes (retired).
10-09-17, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-17 04:32 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck. That confused me too. Don't understand why Gain is 0 when in Auto.
I will perform a reset as you suggested and let you know what I find.
Thanks again for your help.
10-24-17, 09:13 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-17 08:53 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Just to update you on this Chuck. The reset worked.
For some reason the Gain was 0, when you tried to increase it manually it wouldn't allow you. Then after the reset, it all worked fine again.
Thanks again.
10-25-17, 08:53 AM
You're welcome.