Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pathfinder Upgrade
10-09-17, 02:07 PM
Pathfinder Upgrade
I do not know much about radar, chartplotters and fishfinders so I need help.
I currently have a RL70C Radar Display, L760 Fishfinder, ST60 Tridata and 4k radome. I am not sure what transducer I have and not sure what other equipment that may be behind the dash.
My fishfinder blink and beeps on and off and I wouldnt use it anyway so I would like to get rid of it but keep a radar system.
I am also upgrading my dash panels in the process because of the [censored] where the L760 is.
I would like to upgrade my system to a newer system without having to switch radome or transducer. Is this possible and what radar display could I upgrade too?
Is there a radar/chartplotter combo that would be compatible?
Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-09-17, 03:33 PM
RE: Pathfinder Upgrade
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum vivalavida,

Q. I would like to upgrade my system to a newer system without having to switch radome or transducer. Is this possible and what radar display could I upgrade too?
A. Unfortunately, the currently installed radome featured and analog video interface and the hsb2 Pathfinder Series Radar Display that you own was among the last radar displays which the radome would have been compatible with. Should radar be among the desired features with a new MFD to be purchased, then the radome would need to be replaced. Raymarine's latest generation of MFDs run LightHouse 3 software are are referred to as the Axiom and Axiom Pro MFDs. Please click here to view a FAQ.
The generation of MFDs which precede the Axiom and Axiom Pro MFDs were the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs, many of which continue to be available. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing replacing a hsb/hsb2/SL Pathfinder Series Display with an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply