Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dual Transducers On Different Systems
10-11-17, 09:23 AM
Dual Transducers On Different Systems
I currently have a Garmin system using an AirMar TM260 transducer. I would like to set this boat up to use my Axiom that I have on my other boat and leave the Garmin system running concurrently. Is there any concern with having both the RV-100 traducer and the AirMar TM260 transducer running at the same time both mounted on the transom?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-17, 02:45 PM
RE: Dual Transducers On Different Systems
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Wriggin,

As the TM260 (50kHz / 200kHz) and RealVision transducers operate at different frequencies, it is not likely that you will experience any interference issues. Accordingly, Raymarine offers a Y-Cable to permit compatible Raymarine 50kHz / 200kHz transducers to be mated to Axiom RV and Axiom DV MFDs to support simultaneous use of 50kHz, 200kHz, RealVision 3D, and DownVision sonar.
10-12-17, 07:06 AM (This post was last modified: 10-12-17 07:51 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck
I'm sorry I'm not sure what you are saying....Using one transducer to drive both systems? Replace the TM260 with RV100?
10-12-17, 07:51 AM (This post was last modified: 10-12-17 07:51 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Wriggin,

Q. I'm sorry I'm not sure what you are saying....Using one transducer to drive both systems? Replace the TM260 with RV100?
A. Negative. The information within my initial response was intended to specify that RealVision sonar should not interfere with your currently installed third party 50kHz / 200kHz fishfinder. The aforementioned Y-cable would only be used in conjunction with systems featuring both a RealVision transducer and a compatible Raymarine 50kHz / 200kHz transducer. As your vessel is not equipped with a compatible Raymarine 50kHz / 200kHz transducer, the aforementioned Y-cable would not be used and the RealVision transducer would instead be interfaced directly to the Axiom RV MFD's Transducer socket.
10-12-17, 07:57 AM (This post was last modified: 10-12-17 09:30 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Got It!
Thanks
10-12-17, 09:30 AM
You're welcome.