Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axiom Side Vision
10-26-17, 11:30 AM
RE: Axiom Side Vision
gmckenzie,

Q. My interpretation of the way the side vision works is kind of like taking a flashlight view to the side from the transducer then take that view and lay it flat. So the black water column on the screen should show the columns going from the bottom to the top of the water column, and should show that whether they are 10 or 30 ft from the boat, vs getting shorter as I get farther away from them.

A. Realvision transducers essentially combine three 60 degree elements within a single transducer housing (one oriented to project from horizontal to approximately 60 degrees down, the second oriented directly downward (i.e. 30 degrees to either side), and the third projecting from horizontal on the opposite side to approximately 60 degrees down). Your interpretation of Raymarine's SideVision feature is indeed incorrect per my prior response. As indicated, the closest portion of the imagery displayed will be no closer than the transducer is proximate to the object within the water column. As the transducer was located approximately 3' from the gunwale and you stated that the vessel's gunwale was approximately 8' from the bridge columns, the closest point (i.e. the upper most part of the column near the waterline) extending into the center was rendered at approximately 11" to starboard within in the SideVision imagery. Accordingly, should the vessel be moved directly against the bridge columns, then it would be expected that the closest point (i.e. the upper most part of the column near the waterline) extending into the center will be rendered at approximately 3" to starboard within in the SideVision imagery.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Axiom Side Vision - gmckenzie - 10-16-17, 02:01 PM
RE: Axiom Side Vision - gmckenzie - 10-20-17, 02:21 PM
RE: Axiom Side Vision - gmckenzie - 10-26-17, 10:38 AM
RE: Axiom Side Vision - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-26-17 11:30 AM
RE: Axiom Side Vision - gmckenzie - 10-30-17, 07:26 PM