Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto pilot
10-01-17, 05:40 PM
Auto pilot
I am contemplating the purchase of a Grady White Marlin 30'. Powered by twin 300 HP outboards. The boat has a Raymarine Color Touch Screen Hybrid 12.1" E127 Multi-Function Display Radar/GPS/Sounder with an 18 inch HD raydome. I would want to install Auto Pilot and would want it to be able to "talk" to the plotter. Can you recommend the proper Ray Marine Auto Pilot please , and give me a brief synopsis for a proper installation.

Thank you ...Tony T
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-17, 09:44 AM
RE: Auto pilot
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tony,

Please indicate the make/models of of the engines, whether the vessel is hydraulically steered, and if so, specify the cubic capacity of the vessel's steering ram.
10-02-17, 09:09 PM
2 Seastar hc 5345 hydraulic rams , twin yamaha F250 , 4 stroke outboards
10-03-17, 09:18 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-17 09:19 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Tony,

Per the specifications posted by Seastar, the HC5345 hydraulic ram has a cubic capacity of 8.34 cubic inches. Should the two steering rams be installed in series (vs parallel) and the vessel feature a 12V power system, then it would be recommended that a T70330 EV-150 Hydraulic Evolution Autopilot be installed. The MFD, EV-1 CCU, ACU-150, and p70RS Autopilot Control Head will each be interfaced as a spur to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone which has been constructed with SeaTalkng networking components. The Type 1 Hydraulic Pump supplied with the EV-150 will be plumbed into the vessel's hydraulic steering system. Detailed information concerning the autopilot and how to install it may be found here.
10-20-17, 01:07 PM
Thank you for the information ... As I look further at the boat I find that it has a Seastar power assist hydraulic steering system .. Seastar offers an auto pilot pump which bolts to the power assist pump, which will allow the lines not having to be cut. Seastar informed me that their AP pump is a simple reversing pump and I should check with you as to whether you AP control will function with that kind of pump. ..
thank you
10-23-17, 01:22 PM
Tony,

The Seastar Power Assist Pump may not be used in place an autopilot hydraulic pump.