Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Forward vision/side vision
10-24-17, 08:08 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-19 11:05 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Forward vision/side vision
I have heard that a new forward vision,side vision, down vision sonar unit is in the works. When would the be unveiled?

Don
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-24-17, 08:41 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-19 11:06 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Forward vision/side vision
Welcome to the Don,

Raymarine has neither announced nor released any products featuring forward looking sonar capability. Raymarine's Axiom MFD RV MFDs and Axiom Pro RVX MFDs support high CHIRP (conical) sonar, DownVision sonar, SideVision sonar, and RealVision 3D sonar when fitted with a RV transducer(s). Raymarine's a/c/e/eS/gS MFDs support high CHIRP (conical) sonar, DownVision sonar, and SideVision sonar when fitted with a CP100 high CHIRP (conical) / DownVision Sonar Module (not required for ax8 MFDs and eSx8 MFDs) and a CP200 SideVision Sonar Module and compatible CHIRP/DownVision Transducer and CPT-200 SideVision Transducer respectively.
03-06-19, 09:55 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-19 11:06 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Chuck,

It has been awhile since you replied to this question and I am seriously considering adding a forward looking sonar (FLS) to my Raymarine upgrade. The current upgrade includes an Axiom Pro 12 MFD, Quantum 2 Doppler radar, Evolution AP system, ITC-5 transducer converter and i70S multi-function display.

At this point, the FLS options that I am aware of are: B&G, Simrad, Interphase (obsoleted) and Echopilot 2d Platinum. Because B&G and Simrad are limited to proprietary integration with their branded MFDs, I believe the only currently available option to use with my RM system is Echopilot, using the composite video input to the Axiom Pro. So far, I have not had the best communications with Echopilot regarding their keypad design, which does not allow for a user installed (or factory installed) removable bulkhead connection near the helm without voiding the warranty. Moreover, Echopilot has no US based warranty support.

There are still rumors that Raymarine is developing, or may develop in the not too distant future, an FLS and if there is any possibility that could happen, I would prefer to wait.

Can you please confirm that Raymarine still has no interest in providing an FLS that is compatible with the Axiom Pro MFD, now or in the future?

Thanks! Jim, USCG Master
03-06-19, 10:58 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-19 11:06 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jim,

Raymarine has not announced any plans to implement forward looking sonar any time soon. As you have suggested, the EchoPilot FLS Platinum Engine may be worth considering and may be interfaced to the composite video input port of any Raymarine MFD featuring a composite video input port (ex. Axiom Pro/XL MFDs, c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs, ax9 and ax12 MFDs.) When interfaced to an Axiom Pro/XL MFD, the MFD will encode video for use by the system's other Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs. When interfaced to a compatible third party video encoder, video from the EchoPilot FLS Platinum Engine could be viewed on any one of a system's Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs or a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs.

A product request has been logged for a Raymarine product/accessory including forward looking capabilities.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.