Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E80 and E120 conflict
11-06-17, 01:00 PM
E80 and E120 conflict
Hello

I have two display on my sailboat E80 and E120, and autopilot ST7002
Depth, speed and wind gages ST60+

Maine problem both display want to be a master, I can't choose one master and second is master OFF. They not allowed me to do it. When I placed CF-card to E120 I lost my WIND gage, after I placed it back to E80, wing gage is returning back , but only for one day and now out again. What to do for solving this problem ? Where is to start ? I readed manual, reset to factory setting both chartplotters, doen't help me. Thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-06-17, 03:01 PM
RE: E80 and E120 conflict
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum TickMan,

Please indicate how you have interfaced these two MFDs to one another. If interfaced via Ethernet (SeaTalkhs), then please indicate whether a SeaTalkhs Crossover Coupler or SeaTalkhs Network Switch was installed.
11-07-17, 07:53 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-17 08:38 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Good morning Chuck. Homestly I don't know, but some time when system is resseting self, I can see white screen with SeaTalk logo on them. How can I understand what interface do I have ? Phisically remove all devices and track by cables ?

PS. This is used sailboat 2008 Hunter 45 cc. I didn't install this equipment.

Thanks in advance
11-07-17, 08:50 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-17 10:14 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
TickMan,

Details of how a system featuring E-Series Classic MFDs should be interfaced to one another and to the system's other devices may be found within the E-Series Classic MFD Installation Manual. Indeed, it may be necessary to chase the systems cables in order to determine how the system has been interfaced. However, before doing so, I would recommend reviewing the FAQ found here to learn more about troubleshooting this problem. Should you not have the background or desire to trace / troubleshoot the system yourself, then it would be recommended that a Certified Raymarine Installer be contacted to do so for you.
11-07-17, 09:29 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-17 10:17 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you very much Chuck, I will learn about this. Thanks Chuck, will pul out all covers and will do connection schematic. Will be back later.

PS. If I want to replace at least one chart plotter E120 to modern with touch screen, can I do it, or I will must replace whole system ?
11-07-17, 10:22 AM
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum TickMan,

When replacing an E-Series Classic MFD within a network of E-Series Classic MFDs with a current MFD design, it would be necessary to replace all E-Series Classic MFDs within the system. Depending upon the model of radar transducer (if any) which is presently installed, it may additionally be necessary to replace the radar transducer. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing replacement of an E-Series Classic MFD with an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing replacement of an E-Series Classic MFD with an Axiom MFD.
11-21-17, 03:09 PM
Hello Chuck
Did sime reaserchon my boat yesterday. Look like E80 is Master, bellow all wires description

E-80
1) Power
2) NMEA 0183
4) Seatalk High Speed
5) VGA out
6) Seatalk Alarm Out

Map Chart is inserted in this Display

E-120
1) Power
2) Seatalk High Speed
3) Seatalk Alarm Out

E-120 has alarm code, want to be a master and I can't switch it to secondary display.

Both dispaly was resetted to factory settings. How to find a problem ?
11-22-17, 09:53 AM
TickMan,

The previously referenced FAQ provided the troubleshooting steps required to troubleshoot the reported issue. In order to provide additional guidance, it would be necessary to have you respond with your findings on each of the points raised within the referenced FAQ. It would additionally be necessary for you to provide the previously promised system diagram. Again, should you not have the background to troubleshoot this problem, then you may want to consider seeking the assistance of a Certified Raymarine Installer.