Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Updating wifi Quantum from Axiom
11-09-17, 10:57 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-18 02:50 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Updating wifi Quantum from Axiom
My goal is to upgrade the software on my wifi-only Quantum from an Axiom 9. The Axiom is running the latest software. The Quantum is paired with the Axiom and appears to operate correctly.

Q1. How can i determine from the Axiom the version of software currently installed on the Quantum? I don't see this option in any menus.

Q2. How do I update the Quantum software from the Axiom? Using the Axiom Software Update I'm told that no update could be found. This occurs using either the SD card or wifi option.

Note: The box the Quantum came in tells me it had 1.46 installed. I'm trying to apply 1.51.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-17, 01:10 PM
RE: Updating wifi Quantum from Axiom
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Danderer,

Q1. How can i determine from the Axiom the version of software currently installed on the Quantum? I don't see this option in any menus.
A2. Unfortunately, LH3 software does yet not support updating the software Ethernet peripherals. Accordingly, it would be recommended that the software within the Quantum radome be returned to the Raymarine dealer from whom it was purchased and that it be requested that the dealer update the radome's software. Alternatively, the Quantum radome's software may be updated by an a Certified Raymarine Installer or may be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to receive the software update. It is very likely that one of the next two LH3 updates will add support for updating Ethernet peripherals.

Q2. How do I update the Quantum software from the Axiom? Using the Axiom Software Update I'm told that no update could be found. This occurs using either the SD card or wifi option.
A2. See the response to Q1. When this capability has been introduced within MFDs running LH3 software, Raymarine will post instructions detailing how it may be accomplished via the MFD running LH3 software.
11-09-17, 02:17 PM
Thanks Chuck. I guess I misunderstood -- I thought this capability existed today. With winter setting in I can wait for for 1 or 2 LH3 upgrade cycles.

If for some reason the capability hasn't appeared by spring I'll send to dome to you folks to be updated.
01-31-18, 01:26 PM
Is this capability now in 3.3?

I see "Peripheral sensor software upgrades (radar scanners, sonar modules, etc.)" in the 3.3 release notes.
02-01-18, 11:10 AM
danderer,

LH 3.3 did does feature support for updating Ethernet peripherals. MFDs running LH 3.3 software may update the software within other compatible MFDs (Axiom MFDs, Axiom Pro MFDs, eS-Series MFDs, gS-Series MFDs) which have been interfaced to one another via an Ethernet network. MFDs running LH 3.3 software may update the software within compatible peripherals having a SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 communications interface which for which Raymarine has released .iso software update file.

Raymarine has not yet specified which LH 3 software update will feature support for updating Ethernet peripherals. Should one have a need to update the software within an Ethernet peripheral prior to the release of a LH 3 software update supporting such capability, then it is recommended that one of the options specified within the FAQ found here be used.
04-01-18, 05:51 AM
RE: [CA] Updating wifi Quantum from Axiom
This appears to be in LH3.4 though I don't see it explicitly mentioned in the New Features list. My Wifi-only Quantum successfully upgraded from 1.46 to 1.51.
04-02-18, 03:12 PM
RE: [CA] Updating wifi Quantum from Axiom
danderer,

While not listed within the Software History table of the LightHouse 3 for Axiom & Axiom MFDs web page, the LightHouse v3.4 Feature Overview web page (link included on the LightHouse 3 for Axiom & Axiom MFDs web page), LightHouse 3.4 now has the ability to detect and update the software in network-connected radar scanners ... this would include Quantum radomes, as you have suggested.