Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CP370 Data Drops with Axiom 12
11-08-17, 07:01 PM
CP370 Data Drops with Axiom 12
I have a dual HS and Raynet bus system connecting basic Axiom 12 with no sonar to CP370 and P70 autopilot display and control(I have full new autopilot as well on Raynet). My CP370 is interfaced to the Axiom via an 8 channel HS switch and is combined with Quantum Radar (also not working- but another topic) and 3 CAM 220 IP cameras.

When I boot the Axiom 12 (3.2.97) and my CP370 (software is 1 rev back) I see depth displayed on the P70. However when I choose the Chart App I lose depth on the chart and the P70. I can only see depth if I display a chart app and the fishfinder app. If I turn off the fishfinder app and choose any other set of apps no depth is available.

There are no other busses attached to the system.

I also have a Quantum radar that I cannot update software along with the CP370 because Axiom does not support HS software upgrade path. As a result my Quantum radar is non-functional because I cannot apply the update to solve the test bench issue.

VERY frustrating. What can be done about my depth problem and is there any guess about when we might see HS update support?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-17, 12:11 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-17 01:20 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: CP370 Data Drops with Axiom 12
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum vacantid,

Please refer to the information provided within your other thread addressing how the equipment should be interfaced. Not mentioned within your other thread were the three CAM220IP cameras, which should also be mated the system's Ethernet network switch. Please note that there were some early software issues within LightHouse 3 software which may be responsible for communications with a CP370 sounder module. Please ensure that your Axiom MFD(s) have been updated with the latest available Raymarine product software update (verified). As LH3 v3 software does yet not support updating the software Ethernet peripherals as you have pointed out, it would be recommended that the software within the Quantum radome and CP370 be updated by an authorized Raymarine dealer (call first) or Certified Raymarine Installer, or that they be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to receive software updates. It is very likely that one of the next two LH3 updates will add support for updating Ethernet peripherals.

Q2. When I boot the Axiom 12 (3.2.97) and my CP370 (software is 1 rev back) I see depth displayed on the P70. However when I choose the Chart App I lose depth on the chart and the P70. I can only see depth if I display a chart app and the fishfinder app. If I turn off the fishfinder app and choose any other set of apps no depth is available.
A2. Are you reporting that the Depth data item displayed within the Chart application is reported -.- for depth or are you reporting that no Depth data item displayed within the Chart application?
11-10-17, 10:59 AM (This post was last modified: 11-13-17 09:05 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: CP370 Data Drops with Axiom 12
Vacantid,

Q1. Thanks very much Chuck for the info - my Axiom is at 3.2.97 - latest release - verified when I downloaded, installed and checked.

"It is very likely that one of the next two LH3 updates will add support for updating Ethernet peripherals."

Thanks again - this is very good news
A1. You're welcome.

Q2. As soon as the chart application starts the P70R that had been displaying depth data now shows -.- and the data item that I had placed on the chart app now also shows -.-. So the data items are there - but the depth value is no longer present.
A2. Have you used the MFD's Data Sources (HOME->SETTINGS->NETWORK->DATA SOURCES) feature to specify that the CP370 will be the system's source of depth?