Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
adding i70+ to tacktik system. AIS and Weaterh
11-10-17, 05:02 PM
adding i70+ to tacktik system. AIS and Weaterh
I just purechased a boat with wireless tacktik system and would like to add the i70+ displays. Will using a nmea converter add delay. I want to use the i70+ for analog wind direction but don't want response time to be delayed. I also want to add Sirius XM weather and AIS to the system. The current mfd is a C90.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-13-17, 12:14 PM
RE: adding i70+ to tacktik system. AIS and Weaterh
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum sthomason,

When interfaced via NMEA 0183 to the system, instrument data updates to the system will be provided by the Tack Tick system at 1Hz. For those seeking real time data integration with their system, it would be recommended that Raymarine's Micro-Talkâ„¢ Wireless Performance Sailing Gateway be used for this application rather than a NMEA 0183 to NMEA 2000 data bridging device. The Micro-Talkâ„¢ Wireless Performance Sailing Gateway and the MFD would each be interfaced as a spur to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.

If seeking to add AIS features to a C-Series Widescreen MFD (C90W, C120W, C140W), it would be recommended that an AIS350 AIS Receiver or an AIS650 AIS Class B Transceiver be interfaced as a spur to the aforementioned SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.

SiriusXM Marine Weather capabilities may be added to the system by interfacing the MFD to a SR150 SiriusXM Satellite Weather / Radio Receiver. The SR150 may be interfaced to the MFD via an assembly constructed from a SeaTakhs (M) to RayNet (M) Adapter and an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. A SiriusXM Marine Weather subscription for the SR150 would then be purchased from SiriusXM.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply