Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Equipment Upgrade
11-13-17, 05:01 PM
Equipment Upgrade
Hello Raymarine: I want to upgrade my equipment with new...what do you suggest?!
My boat is a 1996 Carver Santego 31 foot twin diesel.

1. Autohelm radar
(1) Datamarine Chart Link/GPS
(1) Autohelm ST7000 autopilot
(1) Autohelm Tridata
(1) Garmin 2010C chartplotter

I would like to include a GPS Chartplotter Fishfinder Radar bundled on a 9 or 12 inch display. Can I use any of the existing equipment or do we have to reinstall with new?

THanks...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-17, 04:20 PM
RE: Equipment Upgrade
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Joe,

The currently installed radome or open array pedestal and its cable will need to be replaced. With respect to radar use in conjunction with fishing, will you be seeking to spot birds with the radar? Additionally, will you be seeking a radome or an open array radar transducer?

What specific model of autopilot course computer is presently interfaced to the ST7000 autopilot control head? Should you not know, then please attach a photo of the autopilot course computer and/or its product ID / serial number tag affixed to the back side of the autopilot course computer.

Raymarine has produced five generations of Tridata displays (ST50, ST50+, ST60, ST60+, and i50). Which of these five generations of Tridata displays is installed onboard? Should you not know, then please attach a photo of face of the Tridata instrument and/or its product ID / serial number tag affixed to the back side of the Tridata instrument.

Will you be seeking a touchscreen-only user interface for the MFD or will you be seeking a MFD having both touchscreen capabilities and buttons? Will the MFD be bracket mounted or will the MFD be mounted into the helm surface?

With regard to fishfinding sonar, how deep will the waters be in which you will be fishing? With respect to the different types of fishfinder sonar imagery capable of being supported, which are you interested in (specify all which apply)?
- RealVision 3D
- DownVision
- SideVision
- Low power single channel CHIRP conical
- High Power CHIRP conical
- 600W traditional 50kHz / 200kHz
- 1kW traditional 50kHz / 200kHz
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply