Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RayData to Raymarine ST60+ Tridata
11-14-17, 06:46 PM
RayData to Raymarine ST60+ Tridata
A Raytheon RayData instrument is installed on a small sailboat I purchased a few years ago. Though the information arriving at the display seems to be accurate, the display itself is failing. Considering the instrument may be around 20 years old, I’d say it has performed pretty well. But now it needs replacing.

Assuming that the transducers and their cables are compatible, it appears that the instrument to be the replacement is a Raymarine ST60+ Tridata. If that is the case, it looks like I may have to make two modifications:
1. Perhaps modify the bulkhead mounting [censored](s)
2. Modify the pigtail connector coming from the depth transducer

I feel confident I can perform both of these modifications, so now I have two questions:
1. Can indeed the Raymarine ST60+ Tridata can be used as a replacement, and
2. Is there a depth transducer, pigtail adaptor available that can save me some time in sorting that cable to make the correct correction?

Thank you for your help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-17, 12:11 PM
RE: RayData to Raymarine ST60+ Tridata
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum shrinx,

Please note that Raytheon and Autohelm branded products are no longer supported and/or support limited to supplying customers with any posted documentation for these products.

Q1. Can indeed the Raymarine ST60+ Tridata can be used as a replacement, and
A1. Yes. That said, the transducers which were designed for use with the Raydata may simply be unplugged from the Raydata's transducer terminals and then plugged into the corresponding terminals of an i50 Tridata, ST60+ Tridata (retired), or ST60 Tridata (retired) ... simply match the Tridata's color coded terminals to the color of the transducer's leads.

Q2. Is there a depth transducer, pigtail adaptor available that can save me some time in sorting that cable to make the correct correction?
A2. Negative. All instrument depth transducers and instrument speed transducers are terminated in bare wires to which 1/8" female blade connectors must be crimped.
11-16-17, 11:42 AM
Thank you, Chuck. Just what I wanted to hear. I'll be back on the water with readable depth and speed this summer in -- of all places -- New Mexico.

Terry
11-16-17, 01:29 PM
You're welcome.