Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Wireless display / Miracast setup tips?
11-16-17, 06:18 PM (This post was last modified: 11-26-18 09:06 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Wireless display / Miracast setup tips?
Has anyone gotten the new Wireless Display / Miracast stuff working in v3.2 from an Axiom MFD? I have tried a number of devices which are Miracast capable, but I never see them on the MFD as being an available device to cast to.

Devices I have tried:

Samsung TV with miracast
Vizio TV with Roku connected and miracast enabled
Samsung TV with Roku connected and miracast enabled

Is there a specific version of Miracast that is supported, or a particular limit or list of devices supported? I can confirm that I can cast to these devices from other devices (like an Android phone, which I know LH 3.x is built off of) without any issues.

The Axiom is on the same WiFi network as everything else, I can see it there via other means, and it gets software updates that way as well, so I know connectivity is good. I've restarted all of the devices in question in various orders but have not seen any difference - the MFD never shows any available wireless displays.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-17-17, 01:03 PM (This post was last modified: 11-17-17 01:03 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Wireless display / Miracast setup tips?
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Steve,

As you have indicated, your MFD can be connected to a wireless display using an external dongle or a display that has built-in support. When connected the MFD's screen is mirrored on the wireless display. Per Section 4.11 Connecting to a wireless display of the LightHouse v3.3xx Axiom and Axiom Pro Advanced Operation Instructions:

2. Some non Miracast certified devices may not be able to connect with Wi-Fi Sharing enabled, in this case disable Wi-Fi Sharing and try again.
3. If you experience issues connecting try disabling and enabling the wireless display feature on your display and MFD or power cycle both devices.
4. Once connected/paired to a wireless display do not change your MFD’s Wi-Fi Passphrase as on certain devices a factory reset maybe required to re-establish a connection.

Please let me know if the above recommended actions do not resolve the reported issue. If so, I will then forward your questions concerning specific version of Miracast that is supported, or a particular limit or list of devices supported.
Find all posts by this user
11-25-18, 05:20 PM
RE: Wireless display / Miracast setup tips?
I must be doing something wrong. I have Lighthouse version 3.7.70 with an Axiom 9 RV and a Microsoft MSDisplay Adapter_07. I don't get any indication that a wireless display is available. The "This Display" screen simply shows "Not Connected" after the Wireless Display entry so there is nothing to connect to. What am I missing? Other posts indicate this is simple but for me it is not. I have tried an AnyCast dongle with the same results, what's wrong?

-
11-25-18, 09:52 PM (This post was last modified: 11-26-18 09:05 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] Wireless display / Miracast setup tips?
Hello Donald,

I suspect that the problem is Wifi signal level between the Axiom and the location where the Miracast dongle is, on the specific Wifi channel that's being used. Have a look at this thread, particularly the 2nd and 3rd pages, where I ran though a diagnostic process with another forum member.

I assume that your Axiom does communicate over Wifi in other respects, e.g. for software updates or the RayRemote/RayControl mobile apps?

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
11-26-18, 08:33 AM (This post was last modified: 11-26-18 09:06 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks for the reply. I reloaded the software via wi-fi and all my problems went away. I guess my original software upgrade via an SD card was somehow defective, but now everything is fine. Thanks.
12-13-18, 10:47 AM
You're welcome.