Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C series dimmer function
11-18-17, 11:28 AM (This post was last modified: 11-20-17 09:22 PM by Squamish VFR.)
C series dimmer function
I have an C127 MFD and the issue I am having is that the roto-knob adjusts the screen brightness in starts and fits going brighter when dimming and the reverse. It doesn't operate smoothly at all and at times it is just impossible to lower the brightness for night ops. Curious thing is that in other menu selections the knob seems to work just fine. I had updated the software recently to solve a depth sounder issue. The version I have is: v19.03-00036 Is it a hardware fault or software? Is it a field fix or do I need to send the unit in?

any insight would be helpful
many thanks in advance.
SQVFR
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-17, 03:10 PM
RE: a series dimmer function
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Squamish VFR,

The UniController hardware and its processing software are common to all models of c/e-Series MFDs. When the Shortcuts menu is displayed, clockwise rotation of the UniController should result in smooth, graduated increases to the MFD's backlighting.
Similarly, when the Shortcuts menu is displayed, counter clockwise rotation of the UniController should result in smooth, graduated decreases to the MFD's backlighting. Should your MFD not be responding in the manner described above, then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
11-21-17, 02:43 PM
RE: C series dimmer function
Thanks Chuck

I backed up the data and did a factory and data reset and at least got some improvement in the dimmer. CCW rotation seems the most affected CW rotation seems like it's fine.

The vessel is under contract and I can't afford to take it out of service ATM (it does night ops) for what I assume would be three weeks to ship it to New Hampshire and back from Vancouver Canada and the time to repair it.

Is this something I can fix in the field? I have talent.

Many thanks!
MSz
11-21-17, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: 11-21-17 04:44 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: C series dimmer function
MSz,

Unfortunately, the MFD's UniController is not considered a field repairable.