Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axiom 7 can only download 81 waypoints
11-18-17, 11:43 AM
Axiom 7 can only download 81 waypoints
I have a new Axiom 7 I just updated the unit. I am trying to load waypoints from an SD disk. There are 2800 waypoints in a GPX format the Axiom will only accept 81 of the 2800 and says download failed, and will not accept anymore from the card. The total number of waypoints in the unit are the 81 it accepted.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-17, 03:03 PM
RE: Axiom 7 can only download 81 waypoints
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Wayne,

It is quite possible that one or more of the waypoints or routes within the GPX file has violated the constraints specified here. Should you have addressed the items specified within the referenced FAQ and should the problem persist, then it would be recommended that you attach your GPX file to a response to this thread for further analysis.
11-22-17, 10:22 AM (This post was last modified: 11-22-17 11:29 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck
This GPX file was made with VoyagePlanner 2. There are 2800 waypoints on the file but my Axiom will only accept 81 before saying import failed. Any help will be appreciated I'm not sure if it's my unit or not.
Thank you
Wayne
11-22-17, 11:39 AM (This post was last modified: 11-22-17 11:50 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Wayne,

I suspect these 2800+ waypoints were initially created using some other navigational planning application or chartplotting device and may have then been imported into Voyage Planner. As suspected, a very significant number of these waypoints violate the constraints specified within the previously referenced FAQ (e.g. name length, comment length, special characters, etc.). You will need to edit your waypoint data using Voyage Planner (... or other navigation planning application of your choice) to correct these violations and then export your data to a GPX file.
11-22-17, 11:50 AM (This post was last modified: 11-22-17 11:51 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck
Thank you. Someone made this GPX file for me I'll get them to make the changes and give it another try. Thank you for the help.
11-25-17, 09:01 AM (This post was last modified: 11-28-17 11:12 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Here is the file in question done over again following your guidelines. It was done with Raymarine Voyage Planner. My boat with my Axiom is being serviced and is 2 hours away I can't try to enter the file. Can you tell me if the format is good to go when I get my boat back? I'm taking it to Florida in a few weeks and the waypoints would help if I can get the format right.
Thank you
Wayne
12-04-17, 01:37 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-17 01:38 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Wayne,

Unfortunately, the updated file is not importing correctly into the Axiom MFD.
Upon inspection of the file, it was determined that the waypoints Cayman Salvage M, Cayman Salvage MA, Cayman Salvager, Eastern Dry Rock, Long Key Viaduct, Western Dry Rock had been duplicated (in some cases the letter case was different ... however, the LightHouse 3 software is not sensitive with respect to letter case (ex. "B" and "b" are treated as the same letter with respect to sensing of duplicate names) several times within your GPX file.

At this time, Raymarine's LightHouse II v19.03 software is much more accepting of GPX files having the flaw listed above, than is LightHouse 3 v3.3.101. As a workaround, I commanded a MFD running LightHouse II v19.03 software to import your Nov25-Summerland copy.gpx file. Each time that the MFD encountered a duplicate waypoint during the import process, the MFD was commanded to create a new waypoint having a slightly different name. All 2305 waypoints from your GPX file were then able to be successfully imported into the MFD running LightHouse II v19.03 software. I then commanded the MFD running LightHouse II v19.03 software to export the waypoint data within its memory to a new GPX file (Waypoints.gpx). I then inserted the microSD memory card containing the file Waypoints.gpx into the Axiom MFD running v3.3.101 software and found that the waypoint data was then able to be successfully imported into the Axiom MFD. I will e-mail the Waypoints.gpx file to you.

Please click here to view a related thread addressing an issue recently uncovered when importing GPX files exported by Voyage Planner.