Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Import failed- VoyagePlanner to Axiom
11-27-17, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-17 11:41 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Import failed- VoyagePlanner to Axiom
Mgarsal,

The problem would affect either type of GPX file produced by Voyage Planner. That said, our initial belief is that the fault may be rooted within the LightHouse 3 software, rather than in the Voyage Planner software ... as indicated, the same GPX files exported by VP are able to be successfully imported into MFDs running LightHouse II software.

As a workaround, I have used GPSBabel to produce a waypoint/route file of another manufacturer's proprietary format (in the case of my test, I chose Garmin's .gdb proprietary format) from the data within the GPX file produced by Voyage Planner. This action had the effect of stripping the Raymarine extensions (symbol, color, line style, etc.) from the waypoint/route data. I then used GPSBabel to produce a GPX file from the .gdb file previously produced by GPSBabel. The GPX file produced GPSBabel was then able to be successfully imported into an Axiom MFD running LightHouse v3.2.101 software.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Import failed- VoyagePlanner to Axiom - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-27-17 05:23 PM