Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axiom 9 RV Transducer placement
11-27-17, 05:56 PM
Axiom 9 RV Transducer placement
Purchased a new Axiom 9 to replace the e7D currently installed on my Glacier Bay 2680. The recommended install location for the RV Transducer on a twin engine is between the motors. With a cat hull, what would be the recommended location? My preference would be the starboard hull but I'm unsure of the interference (or blocking of field of view) from the lower unit considering how long the transducer is in relation to the position of the lower unit trimmed all the way down.

I'm trying to post pics but it won't let me attach to the post.

Trent
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-29-17, 05:20 PM (This post was last modified: 11-30-17 01:28 AM by Jon - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Axiom 9 RV Transducer placement
Welcome to the forum tpburt

Please read the FAQ I have written in relation to your question which comes up from time to time with catamaran applications.

http://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=4343

To summarise for you and your application a through hull transducer will offer the best results. The positioning of the through will have an effect on your trailer.

If transom mounting is the way you would like to proceed then a position on the starboard side of the starbord motor as far from the motor and as deep as possible would be best. There will be limitations on the Sidevision and Realvision image to the port side which will appear as a shadow. This can be reduced by trimming the motors upwards.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply