Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change the MFD E80 // I do not know what I have to buy
11-29-17, 12:55 PM
Change the MFD E80 // I do not know what I have to buy
I have a MFD Raymarine E80. It´s not working good. I want to change it.
I don´t have a Raymarine store near (the boat is the coast of Brazil and I live in Uruguay).
I want to buy a new MFD that matches with the other instruments that I have.
I have an AIS 650, and Electronic Pack 2006, ST60 Tridata Wind, ST6001 autopilot hydraulic, Wireless SeaTalk autopilot remote controll - Smartcontroller Kabellose, Radar 18 Radome Mast Bracket, radiotelefon RAY240E Klasse D-DSC
Digitale HD Soundermodule DSM300 + Bronz HI-PER B258.
I have pictures of the connections. Where can I send it?

I am planning to go to USA soon and buy it there.
Wihich MFD do you recommed me to buy?

Regards,

Federico Katzenstein
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-17, 12:34 PM
RE: Change the MFD E80 // I do not know what I have to buy
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Fedekat,

Please note that while the DSM300 is not compatible with Raymarine's recently introduced Axiom / Axiom Pro MFDs, it is compatible with Raymarine's MFDs which were designed to run LightHouse II software (e.g. the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs).
In this case, a 9" e-Series MFD or a 9" eS-Series MFD would be recommended as a replacement for the E80 MFD. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As indicated within the referenced FAQ, the currently installed radome and its cable must be replaced. The remaining items which you have listed/shown within your photo may be adapted to be interfaced to an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD. As the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs do not support calibration of a SHS, any associated linearization or alignment would need to be performed via the autopilot's control head.

At the time of this response, Raymarine's On-Line Store was selling remanufactured e95 MFDs at a significant discount. The SeaTalkhs cable which is currently interfacing the E80's Ethernet communications interface to the DSM's E may be adapted with an A80160 RayNet (F) to SThs (F) Socket Adaptor Cable to instead be mated to the Ethernet Network socket of an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD.
12-03-17, 05:39 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-17 03:42 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi, this the E95 ?
http://www.raymarine.com/store/refurbished/e9x/

Is this MFD is compatible with all my instruments exept the radar? Is it touch screen?
Is it possible to add a radar? Wich models could be? Is there any wireless?

Regards,

Federico
12-04-17, 03:51 PM
Frederico,

Q1: this the E95 http://www.raymarine.com/store/refurbished/e9x/ ?
A1. More precisely, the link that you have included is the link to the e9x MFDs. Selecting the Choose Model link on that page will present pricing information for the part number and pricing for the e95 MFD.

Q2. Is this MFD is compatible with all my instruments exept the radar?
A2. Yes. Per my prior response, he remaining items which you have listed/shown within your photo may be adapted to be interfaced to an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD.

Q3. Is it touch screen?
A3. Yes

Q4. Is it possible to add a radar?
A4. That question was also addressed within the FAQ which I had referenced within my initial response. In short, all radomes and open array radars currently manufactured by Raymarine at the time of this response are compatible with Raymarine's a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs which have been updated with the latest software

Q5. Is there any wireless?
A5. The Quantum radomes feature a Wi-Fi communications interface.
12-06-17, 11:52 AM (This post was last modified: 12-06-17 12:21 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Chuck¨
Finally we decided to buy the E95 MFD (the once you told me).
Which connnectors I have to buy? or it is included?
Remember that I have a MFD E 80.
Thanks
12-06-17, 12:25 PM
Frederico,

Q1. Which connnectors I have to buy? or it is included?
A1. Adaptors are not included with the e95 MFD. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how one would replace an E80 MFD with an e95 MFD.
12-06-17, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-17 09:56 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
OK thanks
And the E95 uses the same support for navionics charts as the E80?

Regards
12-07-17, 10:05 AM
Frederico,

Negative. The E-Series Classic MFDs utilized Navionics cartography which had been saved onto CF memory cards. Raymarine's currently manufactured MFD feature microSD memory card reader rather then CF memory card readers. Please refer to the Cartography portion of the FAQ referenced within my last response, as it addresses this subject and provide a link to a FAQ addressing the different types of cartography which may be used with the e95 MFD.