Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] i50 Tri-Data: Setting race timer
11-30-17, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-17 04:39 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] i50 Tri-Data: Setting race timer
I just replaced my ST50+ Speed and Depth instruments with a single i50 Tri-Data. I'm very happy with it, but I'm having trouble setting the race timer. The manual (p68) says to edit the countdown time I just press the Trip and Reset buttons at the same time, and then increment or decrement the starting value with the Trip or Reset buttons. However, when I press Trip and Reset simultaneously the i50 just beeps three times. I checked to see if there was some advanced setting that locks out this function, but there doesn't seem to be. Software release is the latest (1.06). Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-17, 04:47 PM
RE: [CA] i50 Tri-Data: Setting race timer
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum mlaver,

This problem is generally encountered when the Trip and Reset buttons are not pressed at the same moment or when these buttons have been held pressed for too long. When TIMER is displayed, a momentary press & release of both the Trip and Reset buttons simultaneously is used to both cause the i50 Tridata to enter a mode where the countdown timer may then be adjusted. This is signaled to the operator by the flashing countdown timer value. The Trip button may be used to decrease the value of the timer, while the Reset button may be used to increase the value of the timer. When configured to the desired value, then once again, a momentary press & release of both the Trip and Reset buttons simultaneously will cause the i50 Tridata to exit this mode ... signaled by the Timer value no longer flashing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply