Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Axiom Pro RVX on PowerCat
12-06-17, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-17 11:58 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Axiom Pro RVX on PowerCat
I've just ordered a new Aquila 44 Power Catamaran (w Axiom Pro RVX), and trying to wrap my head around proper placement of the transducers. I've read the other threads regarding cats but they tend to deal with the previous product line.

1. Can I install transducers in each hull?
2. Will I see depth from each transducer?
3. The beam is 22' and location in engine area would probably place the transducers about 16-18' apart, are adjustments needed for the angle (0,12,20) to properly support RealVision 3D? I believe the installation location is zero degree, but will have to verify with manufacturer.
4. Any special cables or adapters required?
5. Is there any noteworthy discussion on the merits of plastic versus bronze?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-17, 11:58 AM (This post was last modified: 12-08-17 04:36 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Axiom Pro RVX on PowerCat
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Larry,

Q1. Can I install transducers in each hull?
A1. It is recommended that the RV thru-hull transducers be installed within the same hull. Should you be seeking depth beneath the second hull, then it would be recommended that a CP370 compatible transducer be installed within the second hull. The A80496 Axiom RVX to 7-pin CP370 Transducer Adapter may then be used to support both use of the RV transducer pair and the CP370 compatible transducer with the Axiom Pro RV MFD. While the Depth data item displayed within the MFD's databoxes will only display numerical depth from the single selected Depth data source, should a Fishfinder application page/pane be configured to display sonar imaging from the CP370 compatible transducer, then the associated depth information will be displayed within that Fishfinder app.

Q2. Will I see depth from each transducer?
A2. See the response to Q1.

Q3. The beam is 22' and location in engine area would probably place the transducers about 16-18' apart, are adjustments needed for the angle (0,12,20) to properly support RealVision 3D? I believe the installation location is zero degree, but will have to verify with manufacturer.
A3. See the response to Q1. I is recommended that the RV thru-hull transducers be installed within the same hull

Q4. Any special cables or adapters required?
A4. With respect to my response to Q1, please click here to view a FAQ addressing Y-Cable Adapters.

Q5. Is there any noteworthy discussion on the merits of plastic versus bronze?
A5. As Raymarine has not yet released plastic RV thru-hulls, the question is moot. With the exception of metal hulls, bronze is generally considered the thru-hull material of choice for those seeking maximum durability
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply