Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Testing DMS300
12-10-17, 03:10 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-17 03:01 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Testing DMS300
My problem started with a loss of speed and temp from the B744 triducer. This has happened some years ago and I bought a active speed depth insert which I used until the boat was hauled for bottom paint and I put in a new triducer. I installed an active insert paddle wheel this time but still could not get it to work. I have tested the active insert on the bench and it tests good. I have tested continuity of the zip cable running to the DMS 300 and that was ok. Then I checked for voltage at the triducer between the bare and red wire this measured 3.44vdc, this seemed low. This is making me wonder if there is an issue with the Raymarine DMS300. Also the depth function works fine I am just not getting the speed & temp. Your thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Al Halpern
On Hunky Dory
St Pete Beach FL
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-17, 03:01 PM
RE: [CA] Testing DMS300
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Al,

Given the testing performed and results obtained, I would recommend sending the DSM to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply