Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] A98 network options and temp gauge question
12-11-17, 12:57 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-17 02:45 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] A98 network options and temp gauge question
Is it possible to have my (2) A98 units linked for waypoint and brightness sharing only? I am a bass fisherman and have a unit at my console and another on the bow. I do not want to change screens every time I go back and forth. When I go to the bow I have to change transducers and vice versa. Also, my primary A98 (at the console) reads the water temperature from the transducer that is on my trolling motor. So when my trolling motor is up and stowed, I have no temp reading.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-17, 02:45 PM
RE: [CA] A98 network options and temp gauge question
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum ckbigfish,

While there is a prioritization scheme for temperature, it does not address this configuration and Data Source selection for Water Temperature is not supported in products running LightHouse II software. As water temperature from an instrument is prioritized over that of a fishfinder, the following option will ensure that the water temperature reported is always associated with a transducer which is immersed in the body of water within which the boat is floating:
- Interface an i50 Tridata instrument with compatible speed/temp transducer (ex. E26005 ST69 Transom mounted speed/temp transducer) alone to a simple powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to which the Data Master MFD will also be interfaced. The MFD's Data Sources feature (HOME-SET-UP->SYSTEM SETTINGS->DATA SOURCES) should be utilized to specify that the a98 MFD with the transom mounted transducer will function as the system's source for Depth data. The i50 Tridata will repeat depth data from the system when no depth transducer has been interfaced to its depth transducer terminals.

With respect to setting up the Fishfinder application pages/panes within a networked system, I would recommend setting setting up unique Fishfinder application pages/panes for the bow and helm MFDs. These pages would be named to reflect that they have been configured for the Bow (B) or Helm (H) MFD and the corresponding transducer that is interfaced to each. In that way, when observing/interacting with the bow MFD, any Fishfinder application pages/panes opened with the Bow designation and having been configured to use the bow transducer will then feature imagery from that transducer. Similarly, when observing/interacting with the helm MFD, any Fishfinder application pages/panes opened with the Helm designation and having been configured to use the helm transducer will then feature imagery from that transducer.

Using the above recommendations, there should then be no need to switch OFF or disconnect equipment.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply