Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Component Compatibility
12-12-17, 07:12 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-17 10:48 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Component Compatibility
Is the DTS800 tri-sensor compatible with i70 instrument MFDs and the A-series GPS chart plotters?

And it appears to come with only a 9’ cable. What cable extension do you recommend for longer cable runs.

I upgraded to i70 MFDs about 18 months ago and added a 9” and 12” A-series chart plotter duo about a year ago, all connected through an iTC-5 transducer converter.

Because my older 50-series depth sensor was working fine, I continued to use it for depth soundings, but I’ve been using the AirMar Intelligent Tri sensor that came with the i70 suite for boat speed. Unfortunately, the boat speed transducer is malfunctioning and is no longer detected by the system.

I believe I can replace the Intelligent Tri with a DTS800, discontinue using the older depth sensor, and now start using it for all 3 measures, boat speed, depth, and water temperature. Correct?

Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-17, 11:09 AM
RE: [CA] Component Compatibility
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum dlane1181,

The DST800 is produced in both analog and A22111 Smart (SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000) variants. In systems featuring an i70/i70S MFID and an analog DST800, the transducer must be interfaced to an iTC-5 Analog Instrument Converter which would be installed as a backbone component within the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. In systems featuring an i70/i70S MFID and a Smart DST800, the transducer must be interfaced to a spur socket within the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Should the Smart DST800's spur cable not be sufficiently long, then the SeaTalkng backbone will need to be extended with SeaTalkng Backbone Cable to be within reach of the transducer's spur cable. Both the i70/i70S MFID and the system's Data Master MFD will each additionally be interfaced to spur sockets within to the aforementioned SeaTalkng backbone via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable.
01-12-18, 03:54 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-18 09:53 AM by Dave - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Component Compatibility
Thank you. Your response was very helpful.