Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Raymarine compatability
12-16-17, 09:42 AM (This post was last modified: 12-18-17 11:19 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Raymarine compatability
I have a pair of raymarine c120 screens from 2004. One of the units is connected to a dsm300 for depthsounder with a b258 transducer. About 4 years ago, the thermistor in the transducer went bad. I purchased a separate transom mounted transducer and connected with a y wife and the temperature worked again for about a year. I replaced the transom transducer and it never worked again for temperature.

I would like to replace on screen with a unit that can be hooked to a new higher powered through hull transducer. What current models ina 10 or 12 inche screen are available that could also tie into the current c120 screen?

Alternatively, is there a transducer and Dsm module That I could buy to integrate to c120 that would fit in same [censored]?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-17, 11:19 AM (This post was last modified: 12-18-17 11:19 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Raymarine compatability
Jfoster921,

Q1. What current models ina 10 or 12 inche screen are available that could also tie into the current c120 screen?
A1. Unfortunately, the C-Series Classic MFDs were not designed with a Ethernet communications interface which would then permit them to share all data and resources within the system. Accordingly, C-Series Classic MFDs will only support sharing of relatively low bandwidth GPS, instrument, navigation, alarm, and system state data with other MFDs, including Raymarine's currently manufactured MFDs. Should this be acceptable, then it would be recommended that an Axiom Pro 12 S or Axiom Pro 12 RVX. Each of these MFDs may be mated to a 1kW CHIRP transducer and/or may be adapted for use with a 50kHz/200kHz transducer which was designed to directly interfaced to a DSM250/DSM30/DSM300/CP370 fishfinder sounder module. These MFDs may be adapted to share the limited set of information that a pair of C-Series Classic MFDs were capable of sharing with one another. Should you desire to share all resources and data between the MFDs, then it would be recommended that a pair of Axiom and/or Axiom Pro MFDs be installed onboard the vessel. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing replacement of an C-Series Classic MFD with an Axiom MFD.

Q2. Alternatively, is there a transducer and Dsm module That I could buy to integrate to c120 that would fit in same [censored]?
A2. Unfortunately, the C-Series Classic MFDs are not compatible with any fishfinder sounder modules currently manufactured by Raymarine. Should the depth portion of the B258 transducer still be operational, then it is recommended that the currently installed speed / temperature transducer be tested / replaced. Alternatively, should no fault be found with the speed / temperature transducer, then you may want to consider installation of an i40 Bidata Instrument System (speed/temp transducer only used), which in turn may be interfaced to the C120 to support adding speed/temp to the system. When doing so, the fishfinder speed/temp transducer will need to be disconnected from the DSM.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply