Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG) MKII Wheel Drive Slips Engaged/Sticks Disengaged
01-17-18, 03:09 PM
RE: (DG) MKII Wheel Drive Slips Engaged/Sticks Disengaged
Thanks for the reply, Derek. I followed your instructions in the other thread on taking the drive unit apart to clean it. It was actually pretty clean but I cleaned it anyway. I put it back together and went out for a sail adjusting the clutch on the fly. Same story: if I adjust it so it doesn't stick at all when disengaged, it slips much too easily when engaged. As I adjust the clutch tighter it begins sticking when disengaged, and still slips when engaged.

Per your instructions in that thread I should at this point return the unit to Raymarine's Product Repair Center. However, I see on the website under "Out of Warranty Repair" that "no products more than 10 years old will be accepted for repair at the factory repair workshop." I've owned this autopilot well over 10 years.

So, should I buy a new belt and clutch kit? The whole drive unit? Do I have any other options? This thing used to work great...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: (DG) MKII Wheel Drive Slips Engaged/Sticks Disengaged - Bodhisattva - 01-17-18 03:09 PM