Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help! L760 Rl70 cables and trunnion mounts.
12-24-17, 12:21 PM
Help! L760 Rl70 cables and trunnion mounts.
Hello,

My friend recently upgraded his systems in his powerboat and gave me a great deal on his old equipment. I have a sailboat, so mounting the SL72 Plus on the mast requires longer cables. I have exhausted all of my internet searchings on cables and trunnion mounts.

I have a center cockpit 42 foot Mapleleaf, so I need some good distance for cables. I already have a GPS unit, but I do not have radar. My goal is to either hook both units up and have a backup GPS, or if that's too difficult, just run the SL72 Scanner and the Rl70 display. So I was wondering if anyone could help;

1- I have the L760 and RL70 screens with the SL72 Plus scanner. Are there current cables and extensions that fit these units from newer applications? I can't find anything used on eBay etc. If so what are these cables, what size and for which unit?

2- The L760 and RL70 were flush mounted in my friend's boat, so I need trunnion mounts for them in my boat. I can't find them anywhere. Are there again current applications that would fit? or a generic brand of trunnion that would fit?

Thank you in advance! Cheers
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-17, 11:55 AM (This post was last modified: 12-27-17 11:56 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Help! L760 Rl70 cables and trunnion mounts.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Rbest11,

General comment: Please be aware that this equipment was retired approximately 15 years ago and that Raymarine can no longer provide parts and service for hsb / hsb2 / SL Pathfinders Service for these displays. Similarly, Raymarine moved on from radomes and open array radar pedestals featuring analog video interfaces in favor of radomes and open array radar pedestals featuring Ethernet interfaces used for both communications and video. Radomes and open array radar pedestals featuring an Ethernet communications interface are not compatible with hsb/hsb2/SL Pathfinder Series Displays. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing radar cables which may be used with hsb/hsb2/SL Pathfinders Series Displays and radomes such as the one which you have described. These displays were designed to share radar imagery and cartography via hsb cable and to share all other supported data via SeaTalk cable. While SeaTalk cable continues to be available, it is recommended that Raymarine’s web siteRaymarine Order Services be contacted to determine the availability of analog radar cables and hsb cables. It is further recommended that C-Map be contacted to verify that C-Map NT or NT+ chart cards may still be purchased for these displays. Given the age, limited parts, inability to service equipment of this vintage, and the capabilities and features which have been introduced in products which have since been introduced, it is recommended that one proceed with caution when considering investments and labor associated with the installation of such products.

Q1- I have the L760 and RL70 screens with the SL72 Plus scanner. Are there current cables and extensions that fit these units from newer applications? I can't find anything used on eBay etc. If so what are these cables, what size and for which unit?
A1 - See opening comments.

Q2- The L760 and RL70 were flush mounted in my friend's boat, so I need trunnion mounts for them in my boat. I can't find them anywhere. Are there again current applications that would fit? or a generic brand of trunnion that would fit?
A2 - See opening comments. Trunion brackets for hsb/hsb2/SL Pathfinder SeriesD Displays are no longer available. Unfortunately, none of Raymarine's currently manufactured trunion brackets are designed to be used with these displays.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply