Post Reply 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[CA] EV-200 Sport autpilot
12-29-17, 02:10 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-18 09:02 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Post: #1
[CA] EV-200 Sport autpilot
Hi, I have 23' Stratos Bluewater walkaround that I would like to add an autopilot to. Its powered by an OMC Cobra 5.7l with power assisted mechanical/cable steering and a 9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke kicker motor.. I have my kicker attached to the main drive with an EZ Steer setup.. I troll 85% of the time with my big motor shut off and just (dry) steer the drive to steer the kicker.. The other 15% of the time I would troll on the big motor with trolling bags because its really rough..

My question is, will an EV-200 Sport system effectively (dry) steer the drive/kicker without the main motor running for power assist?? I troll for salmon on Lake Ontario and all I really need the autopilot for is to hold the boat straight on a heading so I can set gear or net fish.. I have looked at systems that will steer just the kicker independently but that won't work for when I need to run the main motor..

Hopefully thats not too confusing


Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-18, 09:48 AM
Post: #2
RE: [CA] EV-200 Sport autpilot
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Adam,

Unfortunately, the EV-200 Sport Autopilot is no longer available and wouldn't typically be recommended for this application. For power/assisted cable steering I/O applications, we typically recommend that customers consult with a dealer of Octopus mechanical drives. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. In this case, it would be recommended that the dealer be contacted to determine whether the drive may be used to steer the vessel when the engine has been switched OFF.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 

Forum Jump:

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)