Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] AXIOM Pro RVX with Marine Camera
01-07-18, 08:10 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-18 08:59 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG] AXIOM Pro RVX with Marine Camera
I am trying to connect a third party IP camera to a Raymarine AXIOM Pro 12 RVX MFD. I have selected a camera that I believe meets the specifications listed at the link below which is titled “Video Input Sources for MFDs using Lighthouse II and Lighthouse3”:

http://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.ph...s+for+MFDs

The AXIOM Pro is running Lighthouse 3 v3.2.92

I have disabled the ONVIF authentication on the camera using its WEB interface via Window 10 and IE 11. I have also power cycled the camera and verified I can access the Live Video via the PC without any authentication.

I have connected the camera directly to the AXIOM Pro RayNet connector via a standard CAT-6 internet cable and a Raymarine Raynet Adapter Cable (Raynet (F) to RJ 45 (F) - Part Number A80247) . The camera’s 12 volt input is powered directly and not by the POE capability.

I continue to see the “No Camera Detected” error on the AXIOM screen. I have power cycled the AXIOM while leaving the camera on, and I have power cycled the camera while leaving the AXIOM on.

I have tried two different IP Cameras:
Dahua model IPC-HFW1320S
Hikvision model DS-2CD2042WD-I

Questions:
1) Am I using the correct Ethernet to Raynet adapter cable?
2) Is there a way to tell the AXIOM the default IP address of the camera (192.168.1.108 or 192.168.1.64)?
3) Any other tips or suggestions?

Sincerely,
Jon
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-18, 09:11 PM
RE: [TG] AXIOM Pro RVX with Marine Camera
Hello jkspain,

I should probably just say for the record at the outset that the only IP video sources officially supported by Raymarine MFDs are Raymarine- and FLIR-branded models. Other cameras may or may not work, and the level of support we can give is limited compared to systems using Raymarine or FLIR cameras.

That being said:
All Raymarine Raynet/SeatalkHS networks use the IP range 10.A.B.C, where A is 0..31. Your camera(s) need to be set up as DHCP clients (dynamic IP) in order to receive a compatible IP within this range (don't try to set a static IP in this range as IP conflicts then become possible.)

If the cameras still fail to be detected by the MFD after this then I would guess that there is still a level of authentication enabled (there's a difference between zero-authentication and 'allow anonymous logins', for example, where the latter is likely to still need a username of 'anonymous'.) You can get some idea whether this is the case by trying to receive video in something like VLC Player (videolan.org) at a URL of rtsp://camera-ip-address:8554/camera_stream_id. The camera's web interface should help you find your camera's specific URL. If you can't see the video in VLC, you probably won't be able to on the MFD.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
01-09-18, 01:58 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-18 02:56 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Tom,

Thank you for the information.

I found a configuration mistake on my part where DHCP was not enabled. Once I fixed that, the AXIOM Pro was able to connect to the camera (that also answers my question about having the correct Raymarine adapter cable from RJ-45 to Raynet).

Thanks,

Jon
01-10-18, 09:39 AM
You're welcome.