Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] AXIOM Pro Micro SD Cards
01-10-18, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-18 03:03 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] AXIOM Pro Micro SD Cards
I have an AXIOM Pro 12 RVX unit installed in my system and have a question about Micro SD card compatibility.

The existing Navionics Platinum+ Chart Micro SD is a SDSC 8 GB chip in slot 1 (upper slot). I put a SanDisk Micro SDXC 64GB in Slot 2 (for video recording and snapshots) but the AXIOM camera configuration menu said Slot 2 was (empty). I powered off the AXIOM, reversed the two chips, powerd on, confirmed the Nav Charts worked, and checked the camera configuration menu. Now it said Slot 1 (the slot with with SDXC chip) was empty.

The Lighthouse 3 manual says the SDXC should be compatible but I am thinking maybe not?? Please clarify.

Thanks,

Jon
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-18, 03:01 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-18 03:04 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] AXIOM Pro Micro SD Cards
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jon,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As indicated within the referenced FAQ, the 64GB microSD memory card likely has been formatted with a exFAT file system and will need to be reformatted with a FAT32 or NTFS file system.
01-10-18, 08:33 PM
Thank you for clearing that up for me. I saw that table in the manual but missed the disconnect on the native file format.

Jon
01-11-18, 11:04 AM
You're welcome.