Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radar Software Level for System Upgrade
01-12-18, 08:10 PM
Radar Software Level for System Upgrade
I am reviewing my system in preparation for replacing the currently installed C140W MFDs with e165 MFDs. System diagnostics show the radar software status as:
Digital HD Open Array B8401A59 V2.24 10.3.14.120
Are there any special or specific steps I should take regarding the radar as part of the e165 MFD installation?
Find all posts by this user
01-15-18, 09:00 AM (This post was last modified: 01-15-18 09:01 AM by Dave - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Radar Software Level for System Upgrade
Hi jwasko,

All you will need to do with the radar is update the IF PCB software from V2.24 to V2.25. The V2.25 S/W is a much more stable build for use with Lighthouse 2 and 3.

To update the software you may either contact a servicing dealer using the dealer locator tool, or send the core into the Raymarine service department by filling out an out of warranty repair request Here.

- Dave
01-18-18, 08:16 PM
By the core, do you mean the pedestal? Can this upgrade be done by a dealer with the unit installed?
01-19-18, 03:39 PM
Hi jwasko,

The core is inside the pedestal and does all the power/processing for it. It is fairly simple to remove. If you would like specific instructions, please reply to this post with an e-mail address.

I recommend having this update done at our Service center, as the processor can become corrupt if not performed properly. Also, there are a lot of dealers that send the cores in to have the update performed by our department.

- Dave
01-19-18, 06:47 PM (This post was last modified: 01-22-18 11:41 AM by Dave - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Dave
Yes, I would very much appreciate specific instructions to perform this update. You can email me at ***********
Thanks
Jim
Thread Closed