Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] Remote Display for Axiom
01-14-18, 10:32 AM (This post was last modified: 01-15-18 11:02 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG] Remote Display for Axiom
I was at the Chicago Boat show this weekend and saw a boat with a Samsung 27" Television that was showing the exact same data that was on the boat's Axiom Pro 12.

How can I do this?

1999 Sea Ray 370 Express Cruiser Hardtop
Twin 8.1 Horizons, ZF Hurth Transmissions,
Axiom Pro 12
Axiom 12
Quantum II Radar
Real Vision 3D
1kW CHIRP sonar
B275 Transducer
Ray 60 VHF
ACU 150 Autopilot
P70R
Smart Remote

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UKDm91zlSwlPhCQ12
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-18, 11:16 PM
RE: [TG] Remote Display for Axiom
Hello West32,

Both the Axiom and Axiom Pro displays feature Wireless Display capability using the Miracast protocol.

Miracast is a Wifi Alliance standard that is a vendor-neutral equivalent to Google Cast and Apple Airplay, both of which are proprietary. Many TVs support Miracast directly, and for those that don't there are Miracast-to-HDMI dongles which receive the Axiom's wireless display signal and output on HDMI to the TV. Using Miracast for the display's video output saves installation cost and can improve range, especially compared to HDMI cables which are limited in length.

Make sure you use a properly-certified Wifi Alliance-approved Miracast device: we have found that low-cost generic devices tend to be very unreliable: it's just not worth it. A certified Miracast dongle won't cost much more.
You will also need recent software in your Axiom/Pro display: Mircast support came in in v3.2.86. You can check software and update over-the-air at Home > Settings > Update Software.

Attached is a short briefing document which we provided to our local dealers here in Australia which gives some more detail.

Regards,
Tom

Attached File(s)
.pdf  20170915-Miracast_overview.pdf (Size: 544.51 KB / Downloads: 654)

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
01-21-18, 11:05 AM (This post was last modified: 01-22-18 11:46 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you!!

Axiom Pro 12
Axiom 12
Quantum II Radar
Real Vision 3D
1kW CHIRP sonar
B275 Transducer
Ray 60 VHF
ACU 150 Autopilot
P70R
Smart Remote

01-22-18, 11:46 AM
You're welcome.
05-31-18, 09:49 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-18 09:10 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Could you recommend a Miracast Dongle for me to purchase? Is there a brand you recommend. I thought I bought a Certified Miracast dongle, but I cannot get it to work.

Please let me know

Thanks

Eric

Axiom Pro 12
Axiom 12
Quantum II Radar
Real Vision 3D
1kW CHIRP sonar
B275 Transducer
Ray 60 VHF
ACU 150 Autopilot
P70R
Smart Remote

05-31-18, 11:13 PM
Since both Chuck and I have previously replied to you, I hope he won't mind me digging in again.

The most widely-available reliable Miracast dongle (at least here in Australia) is the Microsoft Wireless Display Adaptor (https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en.../p3q-00001.) Unbranded devices tend not to work reliably, and Chromecast/AppleTV devices definitely won't work.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
06-04-18, 07:42 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-18 09:10 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
FYI, I bought the Microsoft wireless display adapter and it worked perfectly right out of the box!

Thanks!

Eric

Axiom Pro 12
Axiom 12
Quantum II Radar
Real Vision 3D
1kW CHIRP sonar
B275 Transducer
Ray 60 VHF
ACU 150 Autopilot