Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E125 Touch not Responding
01-17-18, 03:34 PM
E125 Touch not Responding
I have an e125 and an e127. The 127 is working perfectly. The e125 seems to be partially non responsive to most touch commands. The LOCK Touch is Off. The initial accept button touch will not work. The manual buttons all work. I can use touch to zoom in and relocate the map display but all other touch functions do not reapond. I tried power off and also did a system reset, same thing. Is there some other setting I need to change? The last time I went out all worked ok. I did not change anything since it had worked correctly. Any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-18, 10:20 AM
RE: E125 Touch not Responding
Hi N1ml,

From the description you have provided, I suggest you send your display into our service department for evaluation. Your touchscreen may be failing.

Click Here to fill out a repair request for your display. From that page you will need to select either "In Warranty Repairs" or "Out of Warranty Repairs", and then select "Return a product to Raymarine."

- Dave
01-19-18, 11:35 AM (This post was last modified: 01-19-18 03:02 PM by Dave - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I fired up the e125 today and went to the alignment procedure for a try based on a post in the forum. It failed the first test and went onto a fine test. All 25 touch points worked perfect. It then went to more points for a final align. At that point it passed but I think I may have not pressed something at the end. I did notice my batteries were low, 10.7 volts, due to a tripped home type panel breaker. I reset it and got the batteries recharged. I did the whole aligment again and all seems to work fine. I updated the firmware to 19.03 and all appears to work ok. Could the low battery voltage have caused a problem? I am doing all this on a boat lift with a tripple battery float charger, no engines running.
01-19-18, 03:07 PM
Hi N1ml,

My apologies, I incorrectly assumed you already went through a touchscreen alignment.

As for the low voltage, that could certainly cause various issues with your display. If the display continues to operate in a stable manner, then you should be all set. However, if the display's touch function reverts I would have the display evaluated.

- Dave
01-19-18, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 01-19-18 03:58 PM by Dave - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I tried it again a few hours later and all seems perfect. I will try it again tomorrow. Thanks again for the help.
01-19-18, 04:01 PM
You are very welcome.