Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ES9 Interface with ST6001+
03-28-16, 04:43 PM
ES9 Interface with ST6001+
I have a ST6001+ autopilot with a linear drive. Will this unit interface with the ES9, via ST to STng converter and allow of AP from the ES9?

Thanks in advance!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-16, 01:23 PM
RE: ES9 Interface with ST6001+
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum dgulliver,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Please note that the ST6001+ is an autopilot control head. In order to determine whether the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter may be used with your autopilot's course computer, it would be necessary to know the model of your autopilot's course computer.
03-29-16, 02:56 PM
The Course computer is a S3 Smartpilot

Label has E120550640131 as model/serial #

I have read the referenced networking document. From what I can discern, it appears the S3 uses the more recent version of Seatalk. This should allow the AP to communicate with the ES9, via a ST to STng converter?

If so, my intention was to relocate the ST6001+ below to the navstation and control the AP system from the ES9 MFD. Is this feasible?

Thanks again!
03-29-16, 03:57 PM
dgulliver,

The MFD's Autopilot Control feature is not capable of performing all function of an Autopilot Control Head, particularly with respect autopilot designs introduced prior to the Evolution Autopilots. As such the Autopilot Control Head should remain at the vessel's steering station. The autopilot components which you have identified are indeed compatible with the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter and should be interfaced per the FAQ referenced within my initial response.
03-29-16, 05:01 PM
The only functions I use at the AP control are the Auto, Standby and course adjustment with the +/- 1 or 10 keys. Are these functions available at the ES9 screen?
Any further adjustments or config changes I could change with the ST6001+, regardless of location.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly on this.
03-31-16, 08:39 AM
With a active waypoint or route on the eS MFD, and autopilot control enabled. You will have Auto, Standby and course correction +/- 1 buttons available.
04-03-16, 02:37 PM
That's what I was hoping for. Thanks for the information Steve. You and Chuck have been a big help!
04-05-16, 02:07 PM
Anytime, contact us with future questions.