Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Axiom 9 IPV7 Waterproof
01-23-18, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-18 04:42 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Axiom 9 IPV7 Waterproof
I recently purchased an Axiom 9 with RV-100 transducer which I'm using on a mobile application. This is mounted to an inflatable boat which I am rigging and unrigging with every use.

The power cable for this unit has two connections. One is a three conductor cable to be connected to the battery and the other end is what I'm guessing is a NMEA 2000 connector. This connector is not capped and I am not using it. Does this need to be plugged to keep the IPV7 rating of the unit? I do not see a plug included with the unit.

Thanks

Chris
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-18, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-18 04:44 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Axiom 9 IPV7 Waterproof
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Chris,

Should the Axiom MFD's Power/NMEA 2000 Cable's DeviceNet (M) plug not be connected to a NMEA 2000 backbone, then you may want to consider connecting it to a Raymarine 400mm DeviceNet (F) to SeaTalkng Spur Adapter or third party DeviceNet (F) plug (ex. Maretron Mini Field-Attachable Connector (F), etc.) to protect the cable's DeviceNet (M) plug for future use. The lack of such a plug is in no way associated with the product's IPV7 Waterproof rating.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply