Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] C80
01-25-18, 11:03 AM (This post was last modified: 01-25-18 12:29 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] C80
Just bought a 2003 sailboat with a C80.Is this C80 capable of mapping and functional in all other features in 2018.It fires up ok. I assume it needs a software upgrade. Sailing the Carolina coast.
Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-18, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: 01-25-18 12:29 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] C80
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum sailmaster,

The C80 belongs to a family of Multifunction Displays (MFDs) known as the C-Series Classic MFDs. The latest version of the installation and reference manuals for this MFD may be found here. The final release of software for these MFDs was v5.16. Should the MFD's Navigational Warning disclaimer (displayed each time that the MFD is switched ON) display an earlier version of software, then it would be recommended that Radar Marine be contacted to order a CF memory card which has been programmed with the latest software for your MFD.

The C-Series Classic MFDs were dependent upon GPS data from an external GPS data source supporting NMEA 0183 or SeaTalk communications protocol. While Raymarine no longer offers GPS sensors supporting these protocols, its currently manufactured Raystar 150 GPS Sensor may be adapted for use with C-Series Classic MFD. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

The C-Series Classic MFDs were designed for use with Navionics Gold (now referred to as Navionics+), Navionics Platinum (no longer available), and Navionics HotMaps chart cards. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Compatible radar scanners, Digital Sounder Modules, and Sirius Satellite Weather/Radio Receivers are no longer available to support the radar, fishfinder, Sirius Satellite Weather, and Sirius Satellite Radio features of the C-Series Classic MFD.

Most other currently manufactured Raymarine products having a SeaTalk (ex. i40 instruments), SeaTalkng (ex. i50/i60/i70 instruments, Evolution autopilots, etc.), or NMEA 0183 communications interface (ex. AIS350/650, TackTick instruments, etc.) may interfaced to or adapted for use with the C-Series Classic MFDs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply