Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Seatalk-ng Coverter Power
02-08-18, 10:19 AM (This post was last modified: 02-08-18 12:06 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Seatalk-ng Coverter Power
I have a Seatalk-ng Converter that sends AIS650 and depth info to my Axiom MFD. Presently the converter gets it power from my S2G AutoPilot computer. I would like to power the Converter via a power cable so it is not dependent on the power from the AutoPilot computer. I have read on the Forum that you should have ONLY 1 power supply to the converter. How do I remove the power supplied by the AutoPilot computer without completely disconnecting it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-18, 12:02 PM
RE: [CA] Seatalk-ng Coverter Power
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum glencoeboy,

As has been quite consistently recommended within this Forum's staff, it is recommended that SeaTalkng backbones not be powered from a SeaTalk bus via a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. Should the SeaTalk bus be interfaced to a legacy autopilot (ex. S2G, ST4000+, ST2000+, etc.), then the red lead of the SeaTalk cable connecting the autopilot course computer's SeaTalk port to the SeaTalk bus will not be used. In this case, the red lead of this SeaTalk cable should be disconnected from the autopilot course computer's red SeaTalk terminal. This red lead should then be insulated to prevent shorting.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply