Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] True wind on I70 Wind system pack
01-22-18, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 01-22-18 04:39 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] True wind on I70 Wind system pack
On my 23 ft Venture I currently have a ST2000 TillerPilot and and ES78 multifunction navigation system. If I get the complete i70s System Pack (Color Instrument & Wind, DST transducers) will I get True Wind data?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-18, 04:39 PM (This post was last modified: 01-22-18 04:40 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] True wind on I70 Wind system pack
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum jtribb76,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing the data items required for the system to calculate speed. The heading data source within the components which you have specified would be the ST2000 TillerPilot. While the ST2000+ TillerPilot is supported for use with a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter, Raymarine has not tested the ST2000 with the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. Accordingly, no promises can be made regarding whether the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter will support full communications with the ST2000 TillerPilot, but it is quite possible that it support full communications. If so, then the system which you have described would include all data items required to calculate True Wind.
02-07-18, 11:21 AM
When I get the seatalk to seatalk NG converter how do I connect it to the tiller pilot? On the seatalk to seatalkng adapter cable it has a molded 3 flat connector on the end. would I have to cut the connector to attached the individual wires to the st2000 connector (D338)?

Thanks
02-08-18, 11:15 AM (This post was last modified: 02-08-18 11:16 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
jtribb76,

I typically recommend that a D244 SeaTalk Junction Block and an appropriate length of SeaTalk Cable be additionally obtained. The SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable supplied with the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter will be plugged into the SeaTalk (yellow) socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter and into the D244 SeaTalk Junction Block. The additionally purchased SeaTalk Cable will then be used to connect the D244 SeaTalk Junction Block to the SeaTalk port of the autopilot. To connect the SeaTalk Cable to the autopilot's SeaTalk terminals, the cable's plug must be cut off, sheathing stripped back to reveal its leads (red, yellow, shield). The red lead will not be used and will be insulated to prevent shorting. The yellow (data) and shield (ground) leads of the SeaTalk cable will then be connected to the corresponding SeaTalk terminals of the autopilot.