Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CA] Two Axiom Pro RVX's and 3 transducers
01-29-18, 04:18 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-18 11:26 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Two Axiom Pro RVX's and 3 transducers
I will be installing two Axiom Pro RVX 12's that will be networked together along with installation of one RX-100. I would also like to install three Airmar B175's (L, M, and HW with temperature sensors). Can I hook up via a Y cable two of the B175's to one Axiom Pro RVX, and the third B175 to the second Axiom Pro RVX? How would that work? I would like to have functional use of the frequency ranges provided by the B175's (L, M, and HW). Is this practical? Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-18, 11:52 AM (This post was last modified: 01-31-18 09:08 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Two Axiom Pro RVX's and 3 transducers
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum karlista,

It is indeed possible to network a pair of Axiom Pro RVX MFDs to one another and then - interface a RV transducer or RV transducer pair and a compatible dual element CHIRP transducer pair to one MFD, and
- interface a compatible CHIRP HW transducer to the second MFD.

When so interfaced, each MFD may display DownVision, SideVision, RealVision3D, low power high CHIRP, 1kW low CHIRP, 1kW medium CHIRP, and 1kW high wide CHIRP conical sonar imagery by simply selecting the sonar channel to be displayed within the Fishfinder application page/pane being viewed.
02-08-18, 02:31 AM (This post was last modified: 02-08-18 11:27 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
As of this note I still have a few questions. 1) I will have one Pro 12 RVX and a 12 RV that will be networked together. If I plan to connect an airmar chirp 1kW sounder and the 3D transducer. Do I need to get any benefit from using a Y cable or is it the same to plug both transducers into the respective ports on the

Also where can I order a surface mount gasket for the Axiom 12 RX pro?

Thanks you
Paul
02-08-18, 11:46 AM
Paul,

Q1) I will have one Pro 12 RVX and a 12 RV that will be networked together. If I plan to connect an airmar chirp 1kW sounder and the 3D transducer. Do I need to get any benefit from using a Y cable or is it the same to plug both transducers into the respective ports on the MFDs?

A1) Unlike Axiom Pro RVX MFDs, Axiom RV MFDs are not designed to be interfaced to a 1kW CHIRP transducers. Additionally, interfacing an Axiom RV MFD to an Axiom Transducer Y-Cable will prevent the MFD from supporting high CHIRP sonar imaging from the RV transducer. If interfacing the RV transducer, 1kW CHIRP transducer pair and additional 1kW CHIRP transducer, then the second MFD must also be an Axiom Por RVX MFD.

Q2. Where can I order a surface mount gasket for the Axiom 12 RX pro?
A2. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing where parts for Raymarine products may be purchased.