Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Linking Classic E120 system to EV 200
01-31-18, 10:23 AM
RE: [CA] Linking Classic E120 system to EV 200
Walt,

Q1. do I have to activate anything within the master MFD menu to start outputting data through its Seatalking 2 port?
A1. Negative.

Q2. I'm still confused about introducing power to the communication system. I thought I also read that same Seatalking 2 port provides power out as well through the port for the network yet my Seatalking backbone already is being supplied with power a
nd I thought you couldn't have power entering from multiple points?
A2. The only device produced by Raymarine which is designed to output power via its SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 port are the Evolution autopilot ACUs and the retired SPX autopilot course computers. These devices feature a switch control whether the ACU or course computer will be output power via the port. It is considered a best installation practice to power the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone via a dedicated switched power circuit which is independent of the circuit supplying power to the ACU or course computer. In such installations, the witch controlliing whether the ACU or course computer will be output power via its SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 port will be moved to the OFF position.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA] Linking Classic E120 system to EV 200 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-31-18 10:23 AM