Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Problem updating software
01-31-18, 11:20 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-18 03:24 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Problem updating software
Preparing to network an A67 and an A68 together via an HS5 I have updated the A67 to Lighthouse II 19.03. The manuals mention compatibility for more than one source of sonar data if a CP300 is part of the network. I happened to download the V4.04 Update in 2015 but had not installed it.
I have unzipped and copied the files to a micro SD. There are 3 files :
CP450cCP300Upgradeand AppV404R.pkg
rayatom.autorun.00sh
rayatom.autorun.00sh.sg
I completely powered down, inserted the card in the A67, powered up the CP300, waited a while and then powered up the A67. No 'autorun' occurred like when I performed the Lighthouse update. When I followed Set Up > Maintenance > Check card for Updates the response was "no files found". There were no other files on the card other than the v4.04 update at the root level. I have checked the card and see files config.xml and Lighthouse_id.txt have been created on the card so it would appear that the MDF accessed the card OK. Replacing the update card with my chart card, the chart shows so it is unlikely that it is a problem with the card reader.
Have I made a mistake somewhere in the update sequence?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-18, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 02-02-18 03:25 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Problem updating software
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum James,

You have not made any mistakes. However, the software update process for the CP300 was not quite reliable and was pulled from Raymarine's Software Updates web page. Owners of CP300 and CP450C sounder modules which are in need of a software update are recommended to send the sounder module to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked and to have its software updated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply