Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] SPX 10 and ST 70 software update
01-31-18, 02:35 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-18 03:55 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] SPX 10 and ST 70 software update
I have two a128 displays and one a725 display and I can not get the SPX10 auto pilot and ST70 to do a software update (all networked). I get a message that no update is available when I insert the card w/the download update. Both the SPX 10 and ST70 have version 1 software. Perhaps related, or not, when I do a data source selection I get a message that the SPX10 ST 70 are preventing data source selection. How can I get the software update to occur?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-18, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-18 04:10 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] SPX 10 and ST 70 software update
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum 2thfish,

Q1. I get a message that no update is available when I insert the card w/the download update. Both the SPX 10 and ST70 have version 1 software.
A1. When updating this legacy autopilot, all devices should be disconnected from the SeaTalkng backbone except for the MFD and one of the legacy autopilot devices to be updated. Should the SPX autopilot course computer currently be supplying power to the SeaTalkng backbone, then it will be necessary to instead power the SeaTalkng backbone via a SeaTalkng Power Cable which in turn has been connected to a 12VDC power circuit. It is recommended that the MFDs be updated with the LightHouse II v19.03 software update before update the legacy autopilot components. Finally, ensure that the contents of the downloaded software update .zip file have been extracted the zip file and copied to the root level directory of microSD memory card. After having updated the legacy autopilot component's software, then these files will need to be deleted from the microSD memory card and replaced with the software update files for the legacy autopilot component to be updated.

Q2. When I do a data source selection I get a message that the SPX10 ST 70 are preventing data source selection. How can I get the software update to occur?
A2. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
02-02-18, 12:18 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-18 01:35 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck. I should have mentioned the MFDs have the latest Lighthouse update v19.03. A Raymarine certified tech installed the new a series MFDs so I am not very conversant about the network. I have an i60 Wind Pack ordered so I am hoping to figure all of this out before I install that and perhaps have a similar problem. A final question. I've attached a screen shot of what the software update file for the autopilot looks like with each folder opened. Am I to copy the individual files -- no folders -- to the micro card for each device update? Thanks again for the assistance.
02-02-18, 01:48 PM
2thfish,

When the SPX_v3.05_via_ATOM_v7.zip folder is opened, ignore the R15 and R16 folders therein. The root level directory of this zip folder contains the SPX software update files which will be used by a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs running LH II R17 or R19 software.
02-02-18, 03:54 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-18 04:22 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck -- I have disconnected everything except the master MFD, the radar and the down vision transducer -- the later two are hooked to the master MFD. Do I need to disconnect those as well? i am attempting to update the SPX10 first. I've attached another screen shot of exactly what is on the micro card. There are my system backups and tracks and the open SPX v3 file folder. I still get a message that no update files are found. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Gordon
02-02-18, 04:25 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-18 04:26 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Gordon,

You do not need to disconnect the radar and the down vision transducer. You have incorrectly placed the rayatom...sh, rayatom...sig, and Spx_...pkg files into a folder which you have titled SPX_V3. These three files need to be located within the root level directory of the microSD memroy card.
02-02-18, 04:53 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-18 05:02 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck -- The microSD card was inserted with just the three files for the STX10 and I still get a message that no updates files are found. I've attached a screen shot of what was on the card. The MFD added the config file and the lighthouse id txt file -- those were not on the card when it was inserted. Can you see a mistake here? Thanks for your patience.
02-02-18, 05:04 PM
Gordon,

The card's contents appear correct. What is the capacity and what type of file system has the microSD memory card been formatted with?
02-02-18, 05:28 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-18 09:42 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck,

-- It's a SanDish Ultra plus 16GB microSD. It is formatted on my MacBook Air as a MS-DOS FAT 32.
-- I tried one more time and this time I shut down the MFD and restarted with the card in the slot and it updated the SPX10. I'll disconnect it and put only the ST70 upgrade on the card and try that. Thanks for the all the assistance. Gordon
02-02-18, 06:47 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-18 09:43 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck -- Thanks again for the guidance. Everything is updated but it does look like I will have to recalibrate the autopilot as the heading is 128 degrees to the north of where it should be. Gordon