Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] SPX 10 and ST 70 software update
02-04-18, 11:09 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-18 09:45 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] SPX 10 and ST 70 software update
Chuck — This weekend I checked the autopilot and settings seemed to be retained after upgrading the software. Weather didn’t permit a sea trial but would one normally have to do a recalibration while underway after the update? We have been in the slip for some time so headings dependent on GPS readings aren’t accurate. Gordon
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-18, 09:45 AM
Gordon,

Following any update of an SPX autopilot, it is indeed recommended that a Pilot Factory Reset be commanded, that the Dockside Wizard be executed again, and that the autopilot seatrial calibration be performed again.
02-05-18, 11:38 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-18 01:54 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks and will do. Do you recommend the dockside and the moving calibration be done one right after the other or can I do the dockside one day and the moving calibration another day?
02-05-18, 01:56 PM
2thfish,

As the Dockside Wizard is very quick to perform, I generally recommend that it immediately precede the SeaTrial Calibration.
02-09-18, 04:51 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-18 09:13 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck - We did dockside and the sea trial and everything seemed to go fine with the exception that it tended to skip some steps that were listed in the commissioning instructions. For example, at the dockside it didn't request turning the rudder to stop at each side and to the middle. On the sea trial it went well but after doing the GPS compass alignment it asked for a manual alignment and the display showed two boxes: a lower, smaller box and a larger, top box for making degree adjustment. The commissioning manual only shows one box -- the larger for adjustments. The lower, smaller box agreed with our compass, in this case 0 degrees or north, while the upper box for adjustment said 109 degrees. Since the smaller box agreed and adjusting the upper box took it out of agreement, I cancelled out. Unless you have some concerns with anything I have described I believe we are good to go. Thanks again for the assistance. Gordon
02-12-18, 09:16 AM
Gordon,

As long as the autopilot is properly configured with respect rudder motion (i.e. rudder responds correctly to commands) and type of vessel, then the performing the Dockside Wizard again would be unnecessary. If after sea trial calibration, the autopilot's heading is correct, then you should be all set.
02-12-18, 10:10 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-18 10:49 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Very good and thanks again. Gordon
02-12-18, 10:49 AM
You're welcome.