Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] LH 3.3 and Navionics App
02-04-18, 05:21 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-18 05:04 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] LH 3.3 and Navionics App
I have managed to get my iPad and Navionics app syncing to Axiom with latest update, however I noticed the app couldn’t work out my location? Is this expected as previously with another brand MFD this worked in real time

Thanks in advance

Greg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-18, 05:03 PM
RE: [CA] LH 3.3 and Navionics App
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Greg,

Please note that the Navionics Boating app is not a Raymarine product. The Navionics Boating app receives no navigational data from the MFD that it has established Wi-Fi communications with. Instead any capability of the Navionics Boating app to track the vessel's position is reliant upon GPS data obtained from the mobile device itself.
02-11-18, 03:53 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-18 10:50 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thankyou for the update

I note that Raymarine Dragonfly Pro has the functionality to wirelessly transfer in real-time the sonarchart live data and gps data to mobile devices running Navionics apps. I see the Axiom can do the same but requires a 3rd party bridge such as “digital yacht sonar server”

Would raymarine consider this functionality be extended to the axiom platform in future updates?

Thanks in advance

Greg
02-12-18, 11:56 AM
Greg,

Should you examine the Software History Table for the LightHouse 3 software, you will find that support for Sonar Logging and SonarChart Live was included within the LH 3.2.86 software update and that Plotter Synch was included within the LH 3.3.170 software update. Navionics Plotter Sync is a Wi-Fi feature of the Navionics Boating app supporting each of the following in conjunction with a Navionics chart card having an active Freshest Data subscription:
- waypoint, route, and track synchronization
- Navionics Freshest Data updates (Nautical Charts, SonarCharts, and Community Edits)
- Uploading Sonar Logs from the MFD to Navionics, Inc.
02-12-18, 01:29 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-18 01:34 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Chuck

I possibly didn’t make myself clear, currently with the Axiom you need to “Sync” the data between the plotter and the app at certain intervals. I am interested to know if it’s on the LH 3 roadmap to enable the ability to have a real time constant update of sonar logs / gps data from axiom to the app... without a need for a third party device or the mobile device having an inbuilt GPS
02-12-18, 02:07 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-18 02:12 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Greg,

Dragonfly displays do support SonarChart Live but can log sonar data in support of nor near real time cartography uploading to mobile devices running the Navionics Boating app. Dragonfly displays also support Navioncs Community Edits. Sonar data logged by Dragonfly displays may be fed via Wi-Fi in near real time to a mobile device running the Navionics Boating app to support the Boating app's SonarChart Live feature. You may find a related video here. Dragonfly displays do not themselves have support to display the SonarChart live feature. Similarly, MFDs running LightHouse II v19.03 and MFDs running LightHouse v3.3.170 software support both Sonar Logging (produces Sonar Log files stored on the chart card) and Community Edits, as well as the SonarChart Live features. Unlike Dragonfly displays, SonarChart Live data may be displayed within the Chart application of a MFD running running LightHouse II v19.03 or LightHouse v3.3.170 software and as with the Dragonfly displays may in real time supply a mobile device running the Navionics Boating app with live sonar data in support of the Boating app's SonarChart Live feature.

The methods specified above are the only means by which Navionics presently supports uploading sonar data other thanby moving to the chart card to a computer running the Navionics Chart Installer application.