Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Dual Axiom System
02-06-18, 01:22 AM (This post was last modified: 02-08-18 02:23 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Dual Axiom System
What I have: Axiom pro12 rvx, Axion 12 RV, Flir M232, Ray60, i70s, two rare-sd/usb direct attach to each unit, ev200 power, ais650, ais100 splitter, ST69 speed/temp transom mount with ST POD, RV-100 3D transducer, Airmar B265HL 1kw Chirp transducer and a Quantum WiFi model.

1) For my pro to be the master MFD and the RV to be the slave I either need to direct attach to each other via raynet cable or use an HS5 switch. Y/N?

2) It is best to attach my Flir to the HS5 as well so it can be accessible to either unit?

3) Can my quantum be wifi connectet to both units or should it be WiFi connected to the master pro and then the slave gets access to the data via the Raynet connection?

4) I am confused about how to connect my two transducers. My Pro has a 1kw port and a 3D port seems simple enough but then I have been trying to decipher if I need a Y-cable to get maximum flexibility. And if so which model and which port do I use on the port.

Thank you in advance. Looking forward to getting on the water soon!
Paul
Boston Whaler 2001 Outrage 28
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-18, 02:22 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-18 02:23 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Dual Axiom System
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Paul,

Q1) For my pro to be the master MFD and the RV to be the slave I either need to direct attach to each other via raynet cable or use an HS5 switch. Y/N?
A1) When correctly interfaced, an Ethernet Network port each MFD will either be interfaced to the other MFD's Ethernet Network port or to a HS5 RayNet Network switch via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.

Q2) It is best to attach my Flir to the HS5 as well so it can be accessible to either unit?
A2) Should a HS5 RayNet Network Switch be installed onboard, and should both of the MFDs be interfaced as a spur to the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone, then either MFD may be configured as the system's Data Master. Doing so would
provide a level of redundancy within the system. In such systems, the peripherals having an Ethernet communications interface and each MFD would be interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch. In such systems, chartplotting, radar, and FLIR thermal camera features would at least be supported when the other MFD is switched OFF or is otherwise disabled.

Q3) Can my quantum be wifi connectet to both units or should it be WiFi connected to the master pro and then the slave gets access to the data via the Raynet connection?
A3) A Wi-Fi connection to the Quantum radome may be created from either MFD, but not both. The radar resource will then be shared with the system's other MFDs via the system's Ethernet network.

Q4) I am confused about how to connect my two transducers. My Pro has a 1kw port and a 3D port seems simple enough but then I have been trying to decipher if I need a Y-cable to get maximum flexibility. And if so which model and which port do I use on the port.
A4) Given that your system will feature an Axiom Pro RVX MFD, there would be no need or applicability for an Axiom Transducer Y-Cable with the fishfinder transducers you have identified (i.e. RV transducer and B265HL 1kw Chirp transducer).
02-10-18, 02:23 AM
Thank you Chuck - grateful for your support and insight!! Paul
02-12-18, 09:18 AM
You're welcome.